Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Yves Saint-Laurent.
- We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.
- To be beautiful, all a woman needs is a black pullover and a black skirt and to be arm in arm with a man she loves.
- Fashion isn't just to decorate women, but to reassure them, give them confidence.
- Is elegance not totally forgetting what one is wearing?
- A woman who has not found her style, who does not feel at ease in her clothes, who does not live in harmony with them, is a sick woman.
- The silhouette counts more than anything. It should never be overloaded.
- Fashions fade. Style is eternal.
- The important thing is to last.
- Every one needs aesthetic phantoms in order to exist. I have known fear and the terrors of solitude. I have known those fair-weather friends we call tranquilizers and drugs. I have known the prison of depression and the confinement of hospital. But one day, I was able to come through all of that, dazzled yet sober.
- The most beautiful clothes a woman can be dressed with is the arms of the man she loves. But for those who haven’t had the chance to find this bliss, I’m here.