Exact statement of the indetermination principleEdit
Upon verifying the initial statement in "Über den anschaulichen Inhalt der quantentheoretischen Kinematik und Mechanik" in Zeitschrift für Physik, 43 (1927), there's no trace of the second part quoted "In the most extreme case, absolute precision of one variable would entail absolute imprecision regarding the other". This part seems to emanate from the AIP site. Unless someone can source it, I propose to remove it.--Arjen Dijksman 18:06, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
- It is probably true quite generally that in the history of human thinking the most fruitful developments frequently take place at those points where two different lines of thought meet.
- The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.
- Try "Der erste Trunk aus dem Becher der Naturwissenschaft macht atheistisch, aber auf dem Grund des Bechers wartet Gott." Appears in:
- Fixed. (You can fix this sort of thing yourself.) ~ Ningauble 18:12, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
I didn't dare to put this into the "Quotes about Heisenberg" section:
- Police officer with speedcam: "Man, do you know how fast you've been driving!?"
- Heisenberg: "I have no idea, but I do know precisely where I am."
--184.108.40.206 23:07, 10 October 2014 (UTC)