Latest comment: 3 years ago by นโยบายเรื่องทหารเกณฑ์ in topic Thai Politician
Return to "Thaksin Shinawatra" page.
- "I will solve traffic problems in Bangkok within 6 months."
- 1995 -- Said following his appointment as Deputy Prime Minister in the cabinet of Banharn Silpa-Archa. (When nothing had changed after six months, Thaksin denied he had made the statement, though it is on videotape.)
- “Please forgive my honest mistake.”
- 2001 -- Said tearfully before the Constitutional Court prior to their announcement of their judgement regarding multi-million baht assets which had been transferred to names of his maid and chauffeur (who nothing about them). A majority of the court acquitted him in a controversial decision.
- "UN is not my father"
- March 2003 -- His reply to a reporter when asked about the announcement of United Nation's Human Rights Office that it would to send officials observe Thai police conduct during Thaksin's anti-drugs campaign, which eventually left several thousand people dead.
- "Please don't intervene. Please leave us alone. It is my job and we can cope with this matter. We are trying to explain this to foreigners. But if they do not understand or ignore our explanation, I don't care because we are not begging them for food."
- [1 May, 2004] In a radio address following international criticism over his crackdowns on Islamic radicals in the southernmost provinces bordering Malaysia.
- "Terrorists in the south are nothing but petty thieves."
- “There are some who died because they were fasting, and they were crammed in tight.”
- 2004 -- Thaksin's explanation of the Tak Bai massacre in 2004, when 84 died after hundreds of peaceful Muslim protestors were stacked like cordwood in Thai Army trucks and kept there for hours.
- “I only went to Singapore for shopping. I enjoyed the food and had a good time with my family.”
- [6 Jan 2006]
- "I know nothing about a sell-off, but if the family were to dispose of the shares, I would do the same."
- [9 Jan 2006] statement by Panthongtae Shinawatra, Thaksin's son.
- “I don’t know. You’d better ask my children. I’m not the owner. They are.”
- [13 Jan 2006]
- “I don’t know. I’ve never told my children what to do. They normally advise me how things should be. They are the real owners. I still ask my wife for pocket money.”
- [13 Jan 2006]
- “They may have to wait until the next life to see me resign. Everything will proceed according to the rules and regulations of this country.”
- [14 Jan 2006]
- "I won't get involved in any business. And my children, they have their own little businesses to take care of."
- [25 Jan 2006]
- "It's not as easy as selling khanom kheng ! (a Chinese sweet, used in Chinese New Year festival) How many purchasers do you think are out there? It's a 70-billion-baht deal. Who's going buy it? How many people on earth would have that kind of money?"
- [25 Jan 2006]
- "I have a lot of money so people are envy of me." -- Thaksin's response to public criticism over the scandal of the secret sale his 73-billion Baht worth of Shin Corporation stock to the government of Singapore.
- [25 Jan 2006]
- “I will not resign because my resignation will not resolve anything.”
- " It is a pity that some teachers nowadays are incompetent. They do not teach the right thing to students. As a result, those teachers are the ones that are going to destroy democracy." Spoken by Thaksin after meeting with a university lecturers who supported him, following the call for his resignation by a large group of Chulalongkorn University professors.
- [Feb 2006]
- “We have received confirmation from all sources that the rumor of a coup is not true. The rumor was spread by some faction, but it is not true.”
- His first statement while in New York, following the news of the 2006 coup.
- "I have travelled around the world, but I have found that there is no other place as warm and happy to me as my home country. I want to live the rest of my life here,"
- 2008, After his return to face charges of corruption.
- "If I still have luck, I would like to return to die in my motherland, just like any other Thai."
- 2008 -- Statement from London after he jumped bail because of his conviction by the court.
- "You didn't needed to queue up for 500 baht"
- 2009 -- Huge slip during a video conference to a Red Shirt party. 500 Baht is about 13 USD.
Please tell me why . This page with many problems is not on deletion process the other politician that used international sources is on the deletion process นโยบายเรื่องทหารเกณฑ์ (talk) 09:58, 29 July 2019 (UTC)