Return to "Stephen King" page.
- A good idea is like a yo-yo-it may go to the end of its string, but it doesn't die there; it only sleeps. Eventually it rolls back up into your palm.
- Creative people probably do run a greater risk of alcoholism and addiction than those in some other jobs, but so what? We all look pretty much the same when we're puking in the gutter.
- Each life makes its own imitation of immortality.
- Fiction is the truth inside the lie.(It)
- Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.
- Claimed to be misattributed, originally by Robin Browne. http://hotsheet.snout.org/2011/08/for-record-harry-potter-vs-twilight.html See also http://nopejustrobinbrowne.tumblr.com/
- I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries.-
- From the Foreword of Bag of Bones.
- I don't take notes; I don't outline, I don't do anything like that. I just flail away at the goddamn thing. I'm a salami writer. I try to write good salami, but salami is salami. You can't sell it as caviar.
- Unlocated speech, 1995
- I've taken off two months, three months, at a time, and, by the end, I get really squirrelly. My night life, my dream life, gets extremely populated and crazed.
- It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost.
- No, it's not a very good story - its author was too busy listening to other voices to listen as closely as he should have to the one coming from inside.
- Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.
- The Gunslinger; said to Roland by the man in black
- People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy... It is in a glass jar on my desk.
- Originally said by Robert Bloch, as King has mentioned when quoting it
- The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.
- You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.
- I've said it before, and I'll say it again. When you find something at which you have talent, you do that thing (what ever it is) until your fingers bleed or your eyes pop out of your head.
- Why would I read one of mine? I know how they come out!