Return to "Sojourner Truth" page.
- If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the world upside down all alone, these together ought to be able to turn it back and get it right side up again.
- Religion without humanity is very poor human stuff.
- I am glad to see that men are getting their rights, but I want women to get theirs, and while the water is stirring I will step into the pool.
- Truth is powerful and it prevails.
- It is the mind that makes the body.
- The rich rob the poor and the poor rob one another.
- Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that look down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other.