Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Robert Baden-Powell. --Antiquary 18:08, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- A Scout is never taken by surprise; he knows exactly what to do when anything unexpected happens.
- Be Prepared... the meaning of the motto is that a scout must prepare himself by previous thinking out and practicing how to act on any accident or emergency so that he is never taken by surprise.
- An individual step in character training is to put responsibility on the individual.
- Scouts of the World - Brothers Together
- The patrol system leads each boy to see that he has some individual responsibility for the good of his patrol.
- The uniform makes for brotherhood, since when universally adopted it covers up all differences of class and country.
- There is no teaching to compare with example.
- Trust should be the basis for all our moral training.
- I have always believed: That if there is the right spirit, we can kick out the "im" from "impossible"
- Religion seems a very simple thing -
- First: Love and Serve God,
- Second: Love and Serve your neighbour
- There is no Religious side to the Movement, the whole of it is based on religion, that is on the realisation and service of God.
- We have come to judge religion very much as we do a person - if we are snobbish - by its dress.
- While you are living your life on earth, try to do something good which may remain after you.
- Too often we forget when presenting Religion to the boy that he sees it all from a very different point of view from that of grown-ups.
- Yet the natural form of Religion is so simple - it comes from within, from conscience, from observation, from love, for use in all that he does.
- True Religion cannot be taught as a lesson to a class in school.
- It is curious to me that men who profess to be good Christians often forget, in a difficulty, to ask themselves the simple question, "What would Christ have done under the circumstances?"
- The Spirit of Love is after all, the Spirit of God working within you.
- Singing and acting are excellent for training in self-expression. Also they mean good team work, everybody learning his part and doing it well, not for applause for himself but for the success of the whole show.