Return to "Newt Gingrich" page.
- In a lengthy personal letter to Reagan, Georgia Republican Representative Newt Gingrich, in discussing various courses of action to take, urged the president to "save the Supreme Court and Senate from a left-wing lynch mob" and to "defeat the corrupt left-wing lynch mob minority which today dominates Congress."
- von Bothmer, Bernard (2007). Blaming "The Sixties": The political use of an era, 1980—2004. Indiana University. pp. 108-109. , source footnoted as "Letter from Newt Gingrich to President Reagan, October 10, 1987, White House Office of Records Management (WHORM), Subject File, 1981-1989, SP1188, 492893, Bork, Robert Confirmation, D.C. 10/14/87 (140 pp.) Ronald Reagan Library."
- Let me draw a distinction. I think [that for] real people who have been at this level pounding away at each other there is a respect you get. You get this in sorts. I was very flattered that her husband said very nice things about me in his memoirs. You respect the fact that you're both able to stay in the ring.
- We think that electronic prescriptions could save at least 8,000 lives a year. We think electronic health records could save between [40,000] and 100,000 lives a year. And, we don't think this is a right-wing, left-wing issue; I don't think it's a Republican or Democrat issue. Hilary and Bill Frist, the Republican leader in the Senate, will be introducing a bill in about two weeks. We were actually at a press conference with Patrick Kennedy, a Democrat, and Tim Murphy, a Republican introducing a bill in the House on this topic. I know it sounds radical, bold, daring, but if you can save fifty to a hundred thousand American lives a year, why not try it?
- I did have one guy in Iowa walk up to me and say, "You know, that makes so much sense, I know it can't happen." And I thought that was a bad sign.
- On balance, I think they did a lot of things that are very good. And, I think they also responded to 9/11 in ways that were very important for the country, but I do think we need another wave of reform.
- Washington just can't reform itself. It couldn't for the Democrats; it can't for the Republicans. And, Reagan had to basically come out of California to change. We came out of 40 years in the wilderness to change it. I think it's very hard inside the city to get the scale of change we need. So, I think that's a very important part of the next phase of our lives.
- I think I am a transformational figure. I think I am trying to effect a change so large that the people who would be hurt by the change, the liberal machine, have a natural reaction...I think because I'm so systematically purposeful about changing our world...I'm a much tougher partisan that they've seen...much more intense, much more persistent, much more willing to take risks to get it done.
- October 17 interview, Washington Post [specific citation needed]
- I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through, In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than Fox this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we're more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That's just a fact. Newt Gingrich telling Tea Party in Delaware according to Real Clear Politics 4/12/12.