Return to "Nancy Reagan" page.
- A woman is like a teabag — only in hot water do you realize how strong she is.
- This is also often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt. If this is correct, the attribution to Mrs. Reagan may have been derived from a quoting of Mrs. Roosevelt.
- Variant: A woman is like a tea bag, you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
- I am a big believer that eventually everything comes back to you. You get back what you give out.
- I believe that people would be alive today if it were not for the death penalty.
- I do not believe in abortion at will. I do not believe that if a woman just wants to have an abortion she should. ... I do believe if you have an abortion you are committing murder.
- I don't talk about political matters. That's not my department.
- I don't think most people associate me with leeches or how to get them off. But I know how to get them off. I'm an expert at it.
- I have been very happy with my homes, but homes really are no more than the people who live in them.
- I think a woman gets more if she acts feminine.
- I was sleeping with the President, and if that doesn't give you special access, I don't know what does!
- Just say no to drugs!
- My life really began when I married my husband.
- Pornography is pornography, what is there to see? Movies are attempting to destroy something that's supposed to be the most beautiful thing a man and a woman can have by making it cheap and common. It's what you don't see that's attractive.
- The movies were custard compared to politics.
- The Sixties, of course, was the worst time in the world to try and bring up a child. They were exposed to all these crazy things going on.