This article seems to be entirely about advertising rather than marketing. 22.214.171.124 18:01, 9 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Marketing.
- From any cross-section of ads, the general advertiser's attitude would seem to be: if you are a lousy, smelly, idle, underprivileged, and oversexed status-seeking neurotic moron, give me your money.
- Let advertisers spend the same amount of money improving their product that they do on advertising and they wouldn't have to advertise it.
- All advertising, whether it lies in the field of business or politics, will carry success by continuity and regular uniformity of application.
- I know that half my advertising works, I just don't know which half.
- John Wanamaker, department store mogul
- The purest treasure mortal times can afford is a spotless reputation.
- Marketing takes day to learn. Unfortunately it takes a lifetime to master.
- We just ask ourselves: Is it different? Is it distinctive? Is it good?
- If you're trying to persuade people to do something, or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language, the language in which they think.
- Just do it -- and worry about it later.
- You don't position brands anymore, you 'direction' them.
- Marketing is not an event, but a process... It has a beginning, a middle, but never an end, for it is a process. You improve it, perfect it, change it, even pause it. But you never stop it completely.
- Our job is to make an emotional connection.
- Brands are built around stories.
- Marketing is called a hard skill, accountancy a hard skill.....that’s, if I may use this phrase, bullshit! The soft skills are marketing etc – they’ve got it backwards.
- Tony Buzan (1942- )