Return to "Leonhard Euler" page.
- In my recent edits I entirely removed the Abel quotes:
- With the exception of the geometric series, there does not exist in all of mathematics a single infinite series whose sum has been determined rigorously...
- The divergent series are the invention of the devil, and it is a shame to base on them any demonstration whatsoever. By using them, one may draw any conclusion he pleases and that is why these series have produced so many fallacies and so many paradoxes.
- Sources should be found for these before returning them to the article.
- For the sake of brevity, we will always represent this number 2.718281828459... by the letter e.