Talk:Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
Return to "Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan" page.
- The Holy Prophet Mohammed came into this world and taught us ‘That man is a Muslim who never hurts anyone by word or deed, but who works for the benefit and happiness of God's creatures.’ Belief in God is to love one's fellow men.(dont know where he got this qoute from)
- There is nothing surprising in a Muslim or a Pathan like me subscribing to the creed of nonviolence. It is not a new creed. It was followed fourteen hundred years ago by the Prophet all the time he was in Mecca.
- It has not, no more than our prosperity will drop from heaven. There secret of their prosperity is that they have men and woman who sacrifice their luxuries, their pleasures, and their comfort for the sake of the prosperity of the nation. We do not have such men amongst us. We look only to our own self-interest and let the country go to the devil. In other countries, people have learnt that no man is an island. But in our country every one lives in a dream-world of his own – like the animals. Any animal can find a place to live, find a mate, rear it's young. Can we call ourselves the crown of creation if we do just that and nothing more"?
- You have thrown us to the wolves
- Bacha khan to Mahatma Gandhi, claiming that the people of the NWFP were thrown to the wolves who created Pakistan.