Return to "Jesper Kyd" page.
- If you can provide a precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Jesper Kyd.
- Remember that the style of music that is popular right now might not be popular by the time you have learned to master that music style. So always stay true to yourself and the kind of music you enjoy listening to and working on.
- Creating an action score can be quite challenging because action music can become too overwhelming. If all the music in the game is high energy it will become monotonous. I set out to build a pace in the score, so that there would be a variety of emotions and energy levels in the music. The challenge became to create these different music styles while still maintaining an action feel.
- Go! Game! Music! interview[specific citation needed]
- It was great mixing dance beats with the choir. The reaction of the classically trained choir when asked to sing on top of dance beats was great.
- Recording the score for Freedom Fighters, BSOSpirit interview[specific citation needed]
Amiga Music Preservation interview, 2006Edit
- I didn't expect to get the opportunity to create music for a living. I just couldnt stop making music, it was too much fun.
- If music is implemented in the best possible way and the music is good and interesting, then it is going to make a good game great.
- The actual quality of game music is very dissapointing today. The demo scene has way better and more interesting music. The simply fact is that demo scene music can usually stand on it's own and game music can't.
- I only composed and experimented for myself and not to please anyone else.
- Back in those days, when I heard a mod that was better than mine I went back to the drawing board and tried to figure out how this sound was made and how the idea was thought up. I still think this way.
Teamxbox, Audiophile interview, 2003Edit
- Most game music today sounds quite predictable, generic and boring and that is, in my opinion, one of the biggest problems with game music today.
- I am interested in music that, while being experimental, is still great and fun to listen to.
Electronic Musician interview, 2005Edit
- I like to make music that you can listen to many times without getting tired of it, which is what you need to do with games.
- No matter how good your music is, if someone loops it 20 times in the wrong place, it won't sound good.