Return to "Heroes" page.
- Better to be a lion for one day than a hundred years as a maggot
- No hero is more braver than an ordinary man, he's just braver five minutes longer
- We can be Heroes, just for one day. What d'you say?
- Troops of heroes undistinguished die.
- We can all be heroes in our virtues, in our homes, in our lives.
- Each man is a hero and an oracle to somebody; and to that person whatever he says has an enhanced value.
- Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
- Nobody, they say, is a hero to his valet. Of course; for a man must be a hero to understand a hero. The valet, I dare say, has great respect for some person of his own stamp.
- Great men need to be lifted upon the shoulders of the whole world, in order to conceive their great ideas or perform their great deeds. That is, there must be an atmosphere of greatness round about them. A hero cannot be a hero unless in an heroic world.
- By my love and hope I beseech you: Do not throw away the hero in your soul! Hold holy your highest hope!
- The difference between heroism and masochism is the necessity of the suffering.
- My heroes have always been cowboys.
- Do you know who a hero is? Nine times out of ten, a hero is someone who is tired enough, cold enough, and hungry enough not to give a damn. I don't give a damn.
- Hawkeye Pierce in M*A*S*H
- Heroes never die. They live on forever in the hearts and minds of those who would follow in their footsteps.
- Emily Potter
- There is more heroism in self-denial than in deeds of arms.
- True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others, at whatever cost.
- Arthur Ashe
- Today, looking at the mirror, I've found what I was searching for year. I've found my hero.
- Sir. Ethan Loods-Laton
- Heroes abilities are not limited by the impossible but by what is needed of them.
- Shane O'Neill
- No hero is mortal till he dies.
- A hero's greatest act is to lay down his sword.
- From the film Hero.
- You put your life on the line, no one really appreciates you enough for it. Being a hero isn't what it's cracked up to be anymore.
- Luis Sera from the video game Resident Evil 4.
- In the real world, heroes don't look like me. In the real world, they got bad teeth, a bald spot and a beer gut. I'm just an actor with a gun, who's lost his motivation.
- Kyle Chandler as 'Bruce Baxter' in King Kong (2005)
- You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
- Harvey Dent/Two Face, The Dark Knight.
- Maybe a real hero's the last one to hear about it.
- Wylie Burp, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West