Talk:Hans Christian Andersen
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Hans Christian Andersen. --Antiquary 19:26, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- At rejse er at leve.
- Translation: To travel is to live.
- Når ordene fejler er det musikken der taler.
- Translation: When the words fail it is the music that speaks.
- Nyd livet, du er længe død.
- Translation: Enjoy life, there's plenty of time to be dead.
- In the eyes of the world one has only the value the world chooses to put upon one.
- Better In,Than Out.
- A thoughtful atheist, living in good conscience, himself does not understand how close he is to God. This is because he performs good deeds with no thought of reward, in contrast to religious hypocrites.