Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Frank Sinatra. --Antiquary 17:33, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.
- All day long, they lie in the sun, and when the sun goes down, they lie some more.
- Cock your hat — angles are attitudes.
- Dean, How do you make a fruit cordial?
- To Dean Martin during a concert. Martin's response : "Be nice to him I guess."
- (Also quoted as: "I don't know... Tell him a joke?")
- Fear is the enemy of logic. There is no more debilitating, crushing, self-defeating, sickening thing in the world — to an individual or to a nation.
- As a parting remark, ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to leave you with one thought. If you happen to run into Dorothy Kilgallen, be sure you're in your car.
- Fresh air makes me throw up. I can't handle it. I'd rather be around three Denobili cigars blowing in my face all night.
- Get your hand off the suit, creep.
- Comment to Sam Rayburn who was requesting that he sing "The Yellow Rose of Texas" at the Democratic National Convention (1956)
- Here's to the confusion of our enemies!
- Here's to absent friends... Fuck 'em!
- I am a thing of beauty.
- I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn't be a staring contest.
- I'm gonna live till I die.
- Live every day like it's your last.
- You treat a lady like a dame, and a dame like a lady.
- Have you ever seen a Jew-jit-su?
- To Sammy Davis Jr. during a concert.
- I think my greatest ambition in life is to pass on to others what I know.
- I wanna talk to you about your drinking.
- To Dean Martin, who responded, "What happened? Did I miss a round?"
- I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.
- May you live to be 100, and the last voice you hear be mine.
- Orange is the happiest color.
- The best revenge is massive success.
- They call you the count of Courvoisier!
- To Dean Martin
- They call you the Mafiosi of the Mash, the Boss of Booze!
- To Dean Martin
- You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.
- You only live life once, and the way I live it, once is enough!
- [About Elvis Presley, circa 1955] His kind of music is deplorable, a rancid smelling aphrodisiac. It fosters almost totally negative and destructive reactions in young people.
- [About Elvis Presley, circa 1977] There have been many accolades uttered about Elvis' talent and performances through the years, all of which I agree with wholeheartedly. I shall miss him dearly as a friend. He was a warm, considerate and generous man.
- You're so Italian
- Frank Sinatra about Dean Martin in the Judy Garland Show (unidentified episode)
Where's the beef?Edit
This is unusual... When I searched for Frank Sinatra, the wikipedia page was half way down the list on the first page of results. Its unusual because a wiki page is usually the #1 or #2 search result.
After reading the article, I'm left wondering, Where's the beef? There's really no substance here. Its mostly filed with quotes.
I wanted to read about his career, his life and his death. There's also a mug shot of him circulating on the web as an image, so I wanted to read about it, too.