Return to "Colin Wilson" page.
- The average man is a conformist, accepting miseries and disasters with the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain.
- The complex develops out of the simple.
- The mind has exactly the same power as the hands: not merely to grasp the world, but to change it.
- A symphony is a stage play with the parts written for instruments instead of for actors.
- (Art)... rescues us from our self chosen triviality, to which we are so prone. It is like a deep organ note that makes my hair stir and a shiver run through me. I 'pull back' from life, like a camera taking a long shot with a wide angle lens. I quite simply become aware of more reality than before.