Return to "Clark Gable" page.
- You can trust that little screwball with your life or your hopes or your weaknesses, and she wouldn't even know how to think about letting you down.
- On his wife, Carole Lombard and her tolerance of his constant philandering.
- Working with Marilyn Monroe on The Misfits (1961) nearly gave me a heart attack. I have never been happier when a film ended.
- This is the best picture I have made, and it's the only time I've been able to act.
- On The Misfits (1961)
- Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
- The things a man has to have are hope and confidence in himself against odds, and sometimes he needs somebody, his pal or his mother or his wife or God, to give him that confidence. He's got to have some inner standards worth fighting for or there won't be any way to bring him into conflict. And he must be ready to choose death before dishonor without making too much song and dance about it. That's all there is to it.
- It is an extra dividend when you like the girl you've fallen in love with.
- I hate a liar. Maybe because I'm such a good one myself, heh? Anyway, to find someone has told an out-and-out lie puts him on the other side of the fence from me for all time.
- I'm no actor and I never have been. What people see on the screen is me.
- I can't emote worth a damn.
- On rumors he was dull in bed
- Everything Marilyn does is different from any other woman, strange and exciting, from the way she talks to the way she uses that magnificent torso.
- The guy's good. There's nobody in the business who can touch him, and you're a fool to try. And the bastard knows it, so don't fool for that humble stuff!
- Every picture I make, every experience of my private life, every lesson I learn are the keys to my future. And I have faith in it.
- I am intrigued by glamorous women....A vain woman is continually taking out a compact to repair her makeup. A glamorous woman knows she doesn't need to.