Backwards and in high heelsEdit
- "Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels."
- Thanks for the tip. I've restored the quote, but put it into a "Misattributed" section, in which we document common misquotations. It can also cover accurate ones that are not original with the quotee, as in this case. It's unfortunate that the source we have doesn't really make clear when this appeared. The only clear date information is the statement "© 1982 NEA, Inc.", but I don't see the connection between "NEA" and Bob Thaves. This could be a derivative copyright, with the original publication occurring earlier. A specific date and paper or other publication would be helpful. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 19:07, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Ann Richards.
- I did not want my tombstone to read, 'She kept a really clean house.' I think I'd like them to remember me by saying, 'She opened government to everyone.'*
- I've always said that in politics, your enemies can't hurt you, but your friends will kill you.*
- I get a lot of cracks about my hair, mostly from men who don't have any.*
- (On ineffective government programs) "You can put lipstick and earrings on a hog and call it Monique, but it's still a pig.*
- Let me tell you that I am the only child of a very rough-talking father. So don't be embarrassed about your language. I've either heard it or I can top it.*
- Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
- Recommendation to former president George H. W. Bush in 1992
- If you think taking care of yourself is selfish, change your mind. If you don't, you're simply ducking your responsibilities.
- I have very strong feelings about how you lead your life. You always look ahead, you never look back.
- I thought I knew Texas pretty well, but I had no notion of its size until I campaigned it.*
- Teaching was the hardest work I had ever done, and it remains the hardest work I have done to date.*
- I haven't had this much fun since the pigs ate my brother (from an episode of the NPR radio program Wait Wait Don't Tell Me)