THX 1138 is a 1971 science-fiction film. It depicts an Orwellian future, featuring three residents of a dystopia in which a high level of control is exerted upon the populace through ever-present faceless, android police officers and mandatory, regulated use of special drugs to suppress emotion, including sexual desire.
THX 1138 edit
- What am I to her or she to me? Nothing. She's an ordinary roommate. I share rooms with her. Our relationship is normal, conforming. We share nothing but space.
SRT, Hologram edit
OMM 0000 edit
- My time is yours...
Very good, proceed...
Yes, I understand...
Yes... yes, I understand...
Could you be more... specific?
You are a true believer. Blessings of the state. Blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine, created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses.
Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents, and be happy.
[or] Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy.
- Voice on radio: For more enjoyment and greater efficiency, consumption is being standardized.
- Android: Are you now or have you ever been?
- Female voice (medicine cabinet): If you feel you are not properly sedated, call 348-844 immediately. Failure to do so may result in prosecution for criminal drug evasion.
- Voice on radio: I think I ran over something. I ran over a Wookie back there on the expressway.
- Visit the future where love is the ultimate crime.
- The Future is here.
- A Love Story Filmed on Location in the 21st Century.