2017 British black comedy crime drama film by Danny Boyle
T2 Trainspotting is a 2017 British comedy drama film, set in and around Edinburgh, Scotland, in which after 20 years abroad, Mark Renton returns to Scotland and reunites with his old friends Sick Boy, Spud, and Begbie.
- Directed by Danny Boyle. Written by John Hodge, based on characters created by Irvine Welsh in his novel Trainspotting and its follow-up Porno.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "Choose life" was a well-meaning slogan from a 1980s anti-drug campaign. And we used to add things to it. So I might say, for example, choose... Designer lingerie in the vain hope of kicking some life back into a dead relationship. Choose handbags. Choose high-heeled shoes. Cashmere and silk to make yourself feel what passes for happy. Choose an iPhone made in China by a woman who jumped out of a window, and stick it in the pocket of your jacket fresh from a South Asian firetrap. Choose Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and a thousand other ways to spew your bile across people you've never met. Choose updating your profile. Tell the world what you had for breakfast and hope that someone, somewhere cares. Choose looking up old flames, desperate to believe that you don't look as bad as they do. Choose live-blogging from your first wank to your last breath. Human interaction reduced to nothing more than data. Choose ten things you never knew about celebrities who'd had surgery. Choose screaming about abortion. Choose rape jokes, slut shaming, revenge porn, and an endless tide of depressing misogyny. Choose 9/11 never happened, and if it did, it was the Jews. Choose a zero-hour contract and a two-hour journey to work, and choose the same for your kids, only worse. And maybe tell yourself it's better that they never happened. And then sit back and smother the pain with an unknown dose of an unknown drug made in somebody's fucking kitchen. Choose unfulfilled promise and wishing you'd done it all differently. Choose never learning from your own mistakes. Choose watching history repeat itself. Choose the slow reconciliation towards what you can get rather than what you always hoped for. Settle for less and keep a brave face on it. Choose disappointment. And choose losing the ones you loved. And as they fall from view, a piece of you dies with them. Until you can see that one day in the future, piece by piece, they will all be gone. And there'll be nothing left of you to call alive or dead. Choose your future, Veronika. Choose life.
Simon "Sick Boy" WilliamsonEdit
- [Veronika counting the money] And what does he think I am? A whore? He can just pay me off 4000 pounds, not even the interest? What am I supposed to do with that? Buy a fucking time machine? Live my life all over again? Maybe this time without being robbed by my best fucking friend!
Daniel "Spud" MurphyEdit
- [Renton has just saved Spud from asphyxiating] You ruined my life, and now you're ruining my fucking death too!
- What do they think I am eh? Do they think I am like one of these cunts in the bible that live forever?
- Tulloch: What is this?
- Sick Boy: This is for you.
- Tulloch: What?
- Sick Boy: It's a recording. Keep sake, so the memory need never fade.
- Tulloch: Who are you?
- Sick Boy: I'm your blackmailer and your salvation. You cooperate with me, no one will ever see this video. Now my research suggests that he's the deputy head master of one of Edinburgh leading private schools. you earn near enough 70,000 pounds per annum. It's not in my interest to squeeze you too hard, but it is not in your interest to provoke me. So let's meet in the middle. 10% of your salary per annum paid monthly on a rolling indefinite basis.
- Tulloch: You disgusting shite! I will not stand for this!
- Sick Boy: Naturally, you'll have to lie to your wife. If you need inspiration, just imagine her reaction to that [Shows the pen drive]. Or how will this make interest of pupils at your elite private school. They might enjoy the interlude with the strap-on. I know I did.
- Sick Boy: I am gonna text you the details of the bank account. I expect to see a 1000 pounds payment in there by the end of the week.
- Mr. Wilson: Give us your hands Frank, I am off for a dump.
- Begbie: Oh come on, give us a break.
- Mr. Wilson: That's the regulations Frank.
- Begbie: Where the fuck am I going to go. All these chips stuck to me. Give a man a bit of dignity for one sec.
- Mr. Wilson: All right. All right, Frank.
- Begbie: You're a good man Mr. Wilson. I respect you for that.
- [Mr. Wilson leaves the room]
- Begbie: You fucking prick!
- Simon: Hello Mark.
- Mark: Simon.
- Simon: So what you've been up to... for 20 years?
- Mark: I've been in Amsterdam.
- Simon: Nice.
- Mark: Alright.
- Simon: So what else? Married?
- Mark: Aye.
- Simon: Nice.
- Mark: Dutch woman.
- Simon: Kids?
- Mark: Two.
- Simon: Boys or girls?
- Mark: One of each.
- Simon: Wee mark ey? Raise a chip off the old block.
- Mark: James actually, and Lora. How about you?
- Simon: I have a son. He is in London with his fucking whore mother.
- Mark: See him?
- Simon: Pretty regular, currently once every ten years!
- Mark: Alright.
- Sick Boy: Job?
- Mark: Aye. I did an accounting course. I work for a small business. Stock management software for the retail sector.
- Simon: Very nice. Well, as you can see I run my old aunty's pub. Very few customers, then they don't spend much. Sometimes I I wonder if it's worth opening. The great wave of gentrification is yet to engulf us. There we go ey? My lotted life!
- Mark: I see.
- Simon: [while beating mark] six...teen...thousand...pounds! You thieving fucking bastard!
- Mark: You missed the trick, that's what hurts isn't it? I had the brains and fucking balls to steal the money, and you didn't!
- Spud: I can feel again Mark, you know. I need to detox the system.
- Renton: Oh Spud, detox the system... What does it even mean? It doesn't mean anything. It's not getting it out of your body, that is the problem, it is getting it out of your mind! You are an addict!
- Spud: You think I haven't heard that a 100,000 times Mark? You go 12 steps ahead of me comrade.
- Renton: So be addicted. Be addicted to something else.
- Spud: Like running until I feel sick?
- Renton: Yes! Or something else. You've got to channel it! You've got to control it! People try all sorts. Some people do boxing.
- Spud: Boxing?
- Renton: Well, it's just an example. I don't... I don't mean you should...
- Spud: So what did you channel it into?
- Renton: Getting away.
- Ewan McGregor - Mark "Rent Boy" Renton
- Hamish Haggerty - young Renton
- Ben Skelton - 9-year-old Renton
- Connor McIndoe - 20-year-old Renton
- Ewen Bremner - Daniel "Spud" Murphy
- Aiden Haggarty - 9-year-old Spud
- John Bell - 20-year-old Spud
- Jonny Lee Miller - Simon "Sick Boy" Williamson
- Logan Gillies - 9-year-old Simon
- James McElvar - 20-year-old Simon
- Robert Carlyle - Francis "Franco" Begbie
- Daniel Jackson - young Begbie
- Daniel Smith - 9-year-old Begbie
- Christopher Mullen - 20-year-old Begbie
- Kevin McKidd - Tommy MacKenzie
- Elijah Wolf - 9-year-old Tommy
- Michael Shaw - 20-year-old Tommy
- Kyle Fitzpatrick - Fergus
- Charlie Hardie - 9-year-old Fergus
- Elek Kish - Dozo
- Bradley Welsh - Mr. Doyle
- Kelly Macdonald - Diane Coulston
- Anjela Nedyalkova - Veronika Kovach
- Pauline Lynch - Lizzy
- James Cosmo - Mr Renton
- Eileen Nicholas - Mrs. Renton
- Shirley Henderson - Gail Houston
- Irvine Welsh - Mikey Forrester
- Simon Weir - Jailhoose
- Steven Robertson - Stoddart
- Scot Greenan - Frank Jr.