Switched at Birth (TV series)
Switched at Birth is an American television series that premiered on ABC Family on June 6, 2011 at 9:00 ET/8:00CT. The one-hour scripted drama revolves around two teenagers who were switched at birth and grew up in very different environments. The series' debut was the highest rated show debut for ABC Family to date.
Season 1 edit
This Is Not a Pipe [1x01] edit
- Bay: (Looking at Daphne's CDs): Damn. Some of this stuff is too hard for me.
- Daphne: Behind this sweet smile-- axe murderer.
- Regina: You deserve to get arrested.
- Daphne: You got arrested?!
- Bay: Eh, what can I say?
- Daphne: No one tells me anything.
- Adrianna & Regina: (Speaking Spanish)
- Bay: Between the Spanish and the signing, I'm lost.
- Regina: She said, you are just like I was at your age.
- Ty: Nice to meet you, Bay.
- Bay: See you around Ty.
- Daphne: (Snorts)
- Bay: What?
American Gothic [1x02] edit
- Daphne: Emmett, this is my-- I mean, the people who--
- John: Hi, John Kennish. Nice to meet you.
- Bay: Okay. What just happened?
- Toby: I think she just left on a '66 Triumph Bonneville T.T.
- Bay: Oh, so I drink half a beer and get grounded for a week, but she gets to whizz around the city on the back of the-friend-who-you-just-met's motorcycle?
- John: Don't worry. We're gonna fix that.
- Bay: You're gonna unground me?
- John: No, but nice try.
- John: Daphne, Daphne, is he(Toby) bothering you?
- Daphne: Yes.
- Toby: No.
- John: Good. He has years of torturing to make up for.
- Daphne: That's it? You're not gonna help?
- John: It's what big brother's do. See ya.
- Liam: Hi, do you speak English?
- Emmett: No, Japanese.
- Emmett: (About Liam): Holler if you need me. I can definitely take him.
- Liam: Your bodyguard?
- Daphne: Pretty much.
- Liam: My fried zucchini-- even better than my Dad's.
- Daphne: (Raises Eyebrows)
- Liam: Wait, that sounded really bad.
- Daphne: Do you seriously cook?
- Liam: Do I cook? Oh, I will take you down in the kitchen. Wait, that also sounded really bad. What's wrong with me today?
- Bay: So... you were an alcoholic?
- Regina: No. I am an alcoholic. Always will be. That's why I put them there. So I can see them and remember how frickin' hard they were to earn. (Sighs.) Because I'm not going back. And that's why I would have been harder on you for that fake ID than your parents were.
- Bay: I don't get it.
- Regina: You don't have the luxury of a couple of beers every now and then... because if you're anything like me, pretty quickly that couple of beers can become a six-pack, and then that six-pack is all you think about. It happened to my dad, it happened to me, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make damn sure it doesn't happen to you.
- Toby: (To Bay & Himself About Regina Complaining About How He & Bay Were Raised): This isn't gonna end well for us.
- Ty: Alright. I have work in the morning and you should probably get home.
- Bay: Bleh, home.
- Ty: (Mocking): Oh, I'm so bummed. I have to go back to my mansion.
- Bay: Oh, shut up.
- Ty: No, look, you don't get to complain.
- Bay: Did I or did I not just spend the last 45 minutes telling you about the insanity that is my life?
- Bay: (Seeing John, Kathryn, & Regina Talking): Toby, back away slowly.
- Daphne: Is it safe?
- Regina: No one's killed each other yet.
- Daphne: (to Regina, who begins packing their stuff after having an argument with the Kennishes) You're ruining everything!
- Regina: Me?
- Daphne: This is hard for everyone. Why can't you just make the best of it?
- Regina: Those people are not who you think they are.
- Daphne: What does that mean?
- Regina: You want to know what they said to me? They don't think deaf people should be able to drive.
- Daphne: I don't believe you.
- Regina: Go ask them. Go!
- Daphne: Why do you hate them so much?! Is it because they have more money?! Is it because she's (Kathyrn) always so chipper?! What's so terrible about them?!
- Regina: They're arrogant and entitled! (continues to pack)
- Daphne: We're leaving? That's it? I have no say in this?
- Regina: Are you gonna stand there and tell me that you think that this is working?
- Daphne: (pauses) I'm going out. Don't wait up.
Portrait of My Father [1x03] edit
- John: Daphne, it's okay. That's just Bay being Bay.
- Bay: What does that mean?
- Toby: I think it's a euphemism for another word that starts with "B".
- John: Toby.
- Bay: Don't worry, Dad. That's just Toby being Toby.
- Bay: Indulge me. I'm trying to figure out what my life could have been like, who I might have been.
- Ty: Hmm, well, you'd probably still be a pain in the ass.
- Bay: (Sarcastically): Oh, thank you. You're so sweet.
- Liam: (To The Interpreter On The Video Phone With Daphne): Could you emphasize "really"?
- Liam: (To The Interpreter On The Video Phone With Daphne): Could you tell her-- wait, don't sign "her" like I'm talking about her in third person 'cause that's rude.
- Liam: I know you're(Daphne) mad.
- Interpreter: Never tell a woman she's mad.
- Liam: Dude, I got this.
- Interpreter: Your funeral.
- Daphne: So, you would never date anyone hearing. No matter what. You're telling me if Brooklyn Decker came onto you you'd say, "Sorry, I'm deaf, you're hearing, this cannot work."
- Emmett: Brooklyn Decker? The Sports Illustrated model?
- Daphne: That's the one. I knew it.
- Emmett: Well, obviously, first, she'd want to make passionate love to me many, many times. But after that? It'd never work. She wouldn't understand my culture, my family, my perspective on the world. And that's everything. Fact it my ideal girlfriend is hot, smart, funny, into motorcycles & deaf. If I actually found her, I'd walk away from Brooklyn Decker in a heartbeat.
Dance Amongst Daggers [1x04] edit
- Regina: Who is Liam?
- Kathryn: Bay's boyfriend.
- Regina: Bay's boyfriend.
- Daphne: (Eyes Widen)
- Regina: Bay's boyfriend.
- Bay: If I was dating someone from your school, I'd probably think to tell you about it.
- Bay: No, Mom. It's cool, it's fine. It doesn't matter. Liam and I have broken up and besides, I'm dating someone new now.
- Kathryn: Who?
- Bay: (Looks at Daphne): His name's Ty.
- Daphne: (Eyes Widen): My Ty?
- Bay: No. My Ty.
- Regina: Oh, god.
- Emmett: So have you broken up with him(Liam) yet?
- Daphne: Why would I do that?
- Emmett: Because you have to. Isn't it like the "girl code" or something.
- Daphne: I don't think there's a code that covers this situation.
- Emmett: You've already taken Bay's family. You can't take her boyfriend, too.
- Daphne: I didn't take her family. And he's not her boyfriend! She broke up with him.
- Emmett: So, he's her hand-me-down. Even worse. You want my opinion, Liam is damaged goods. He will always be Bay's.
- Liam: (To Himself About Bay): Not even dating and we're still fighting.
- Kathryn: We're inviting everyone we know to our house, knowing full well they're gonna be staring at us. And meanwhile our girls are fighting over some boys.
- John: (Pouring Wine)
- Kathryn: Could you pour me on of those?
- John: This is for you.
- Kathryn: I'm sorry your friend(Ty) couldn't come. But considering that he's 19, I'm not that sorry.
- Kathryn: How are things with--
- Bay: Things are fine with me & Daphne.
- John: Ladies, photo opportunity.
- Bay, Kathryn, Daphne, Regina, & Melody: (Walk Off In Different Directions)
- Liam: (Signs): You. Beautiful.
- Daphne: Not so bad yourself.
- Liam: What does that even mean?
- Wilke: Hey, so if Bay's not really your sister, you could totally take a run at that.
- Toby: Uh, no.
- Wilke: Then, do you mind if I do?
- Toby: Yes.
- Daphne: I know a drummer.
- Toby: You do?
- Daphne: Yeah, Emmett.
- Toby: Deaf Emmett?
- Daphne: No-- Blind Emmett.
- Toby: Well, honestly that would be better because at least then he could hear the songs.
- Bay: Unbelievable. Is the whole freakin' world in love with her(Daphne)?
- Wilke: (To Toby About Emmett Drumming): This is gonna be a disaster.
- Toby: We are "Guitar Face". And I promise you this is gonna be interesting.
- Kathryn: Where have you been?
- John: I'm guessing whatever answer I give you will be the wrong one?
- Bay: Just so you know, I may not be good at school or sports or being nice, but I know how to keep a guy interested. You should think about that the next time you're with Liam.
- Kathryn: Toby, would you hide this for me somewhere?
- Toby: What is it? You bought Dad's jersey?! (Laughs)
- Kathryn: Shh!
- Toby: Okay okay.
- Bay: And you wore a suit
- Ty: Yeah, I do own one, you know.
Dogs Playing Poker [1x05] edit
- Bay: (To Ty): Why are we talking and not kissing?
- John: (To Ty): You don't look like Simone.
- Ty: Hello sir.
- John: What are we gonna do?
- Kathryn: Well, we can't stop her from seeing him.
- John: (Scoffs): Oh, yes we can.
- Kathryn: If we do that,we are going to be raising "Ty Junior" in a year.
- John: That's not funny.
- Ty: So is this gonna be like some type of interrogation?
- Bay: It's going to be exactly like one. With cornbread & chili.
- Kathryn: Is that the article on the party? How is it?
- Toby: How much champagne did you have?
- Kathryn: My gosh, what did I say?
- Toby: I'm kidding.
- Bay: He(John) wants to get to know him(Ty), so Ty's coming over for dinner tonight.
- Daphne: That's not gonna go well.
- Bay: Says the optimist of the family.
- Kathryn: Do you think they(Bay & Ty) might be having sex?
- Regina: Have you seen Ty without a shirt?
- Kathryn: No. Have you?
- Regina: Now that's a washing machine.
- Bay: Abandon hope all ye who enter here.
- Ty: That's not funny.
- Bay: I was being serious.
- Ty: You said she(Daphne) would be here.
- Bay: She said she would be here.
- Ty: Listen, you know that I was--
- Bay: Ty, don't. Whatever big romantic goodbye you've prepared-- You did prepare one right?
- Ty: Yes.
- Bay: Good. But I don't want to hear it. Whatever you have to say, just say it when you get back.
- Ty: Bay, I don't know--
- Bay: I mean it. Don't. Because if you lay out the big L right now... I'm gonna be so mad at you for doing this to me. And if you don't I'm gonna be mad at you for not saying it. So...
- Ty: Alright. Then, I'm just not gonna say anything.
The Persistence of Memory [1x06] edit
The Stag Hunt [1x07] edit
Pandora's Box [1x08] edit
Paradise Lost [1x09] edit
The Homecoming [1x10] edit
Starry Night [1x11] edit
The Tempest [1x12] edit
Self-Portrait With Bandaged Ear [1x13] edit
Les Soeurs d'Estrées [1x14] edit
Expulsion From the Garden of Eden [1x15] edit
Las Dos Fridas [1x16] edit
Protect Me From What I Want [1x17] edit
The Art of Painting [1x18] edit
Write a Lonely Soldier [1x19] edit
Game On [1x20] edit
The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters [1x21] edit
Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time [1x22] edit
This Is the Color of My Dreams [1x23] edit
The Intruder [1x24] edit
The Shock of Being Seen [1x25] edit
Tree of Forgiveness [1x26] edit
The Declaration of Independence [1x27] edit
We Are the Kraken of Our Own Sinking Ships [1x28] edit
The Trial [1x29] edit
Street Noises Invade the House[1x30] edit
Season 2 edit
The Door to Freedom[2x01] edit
The Awakening Conscience[2x02] edit
Duel of Two Women[2x03] edit
Dressing for the Charade[2x04] edit
The Acquired Inability to Escape[2x05] edit
Drive in the Knife[2x07] edit
Tight Rope Walker[2x08] edit
Introducing the Miracle[2x10] edit
Mother and Child Divided[2x11] edit
Distorted House[2x12] edit
The Good Samaritan[2x13] edit
He Did What He Wanted[2x14] edit
- John: You kept my daughter away from me FOR THIRTEEN YEARS! I will never forgive you for that.
- Regina: And the more I know you, the more I realize that I was right to keep it a secret. You would've taken both girls away from me.
- John: You are damn right I would've.
Ecce Mono [2x15] edit
The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living [2x16] edit
Prudence, Avarice, Lust, Justice, Anger [2x17] edit
As The Shadows Deepen [2x18] edit
What Goes Up Must Come Down [2x19] edit
The Merrymakers [2x20] edit
- Daphne: Is she having a bachelorette party?
- Toby: Uh, I don't think so.
- Daphne: She is now.
- Bay: She is? Oh, no. I mean, do churchy people even go in for bachelorette parties?
- Daphne: C'mon, we don't have to have a penis pinata, but we can still have some fun!
- John: I'm not sure it's even ethical for me to get involved and what about all the soldiers who aren't dating senator's daughters? Somebody's got to go.
Departure of Summer [2x21] edit
- Emmett: I know some people, myself included, may have thought they were a little too young to take this step, but when you find the one who's right for you, you hang on tight because if you don't, they can slip away. To Toby and to Nikki, hang on tight and enjoy the ride.
- Kathryn: She's not committing a felony or getting married. For us, right now, that's a win.
Season 3 edit
Drowning Girl [3x01] edit
- Daphne (to Campbell): I just missed my bus.
- Campbell: Would you like a ride?
- Daphne: Like, on your lap?
- Campbell: In my Camaro.
- Bay: So, love a kegger as much as the next gal, but this is our first assignment.
Your Body Is a Battleground [3x02] edit
- Daphne: Do you think I would feel differently about being deaf if I remembered what it was like to hear?
- Toby: In my experience, coaches are hardest on the players they think have real talent.
Fountain [3x03] edit
- Wes (to Regina): I'm passionate. I can't promise I'm not going to yell at you.
- Regina: I can't promise I'm not gonna yell back.
- Wes: Works or me.
- Bay: You know what I decided? I'm not letting unhappy people decide what I get to do.
It Hurts to Wait With Love if Love is Somewhere Else [3x04] edit
- Angelo (to Regina): I know guys like West. To him, you're just another piece of ass.
- Regina: Do you know insulting that is? Do you even hear yourself? You're just jealous because he can give me what you can't: the money to fix your mistakes.
- Bay (to Emmett): So you'll cheat on me, but not on her?
- Emmett: I apologized a thousand times for what happened with Simone. But you keep throwing it back at me.
- Bay: I do not.
- Emmett: Yeah, you do. And that's why we can never get back together again.
Have You Really the Courage? [3x05] edit
- Tank: You are a mattress!
- Bay: I am a mattress!
- Kathryn: Me and vodka, not the best idea.
- Renzo: Then that means it's the best idea!
The Scream [3x06] edit
- Regina: I don't know who started it, but as the single person in the equation, you need to be the one to back off.
Memory is Your Image of Perfection [3x07] edit
- Melody (to Emmett): Why do you want to go to Gallaudet?
- Emmett: Because all the girls are good with their hands?
Dance Me to the End of Love [3x08] edit
- Angelo (to Bay): You know what I learned this summer?
- Bay: That Vasquez women have terrible cleaning habits?
- Angelo: Well, yes, but also that if you're willing to yell at me that you're really my daughter.
- Bay: I woke up one day and learned I wasn't Bay Kennish. And the only way I got through that was because of art and if that gets taken away from me, I don't know.
The Past (Forgotten-Swallowed) [3x09] edit
- Kathryn: Too bad he dried out.
- John: Yeah, tell me about it. Dry Hump Ale.
- Kathryn: John Kennish and his harem what just the juice I needed. Don't worry. The names have been changed to protect the slutty.
The Ambush [3x10] edit
- Toby: Well, I don't know how we're supposed to stay married if we don't even live on the same continent.
- Campbell: Daphne, I don't expect you to get everything right just because you're deaf!
Love Seduces Innocence, Pleasure Entraps, and Remorse Follows [3x11] edit
Love Among the Ruins [3x12] edit
- Emmett (to Bay): Are you into Tank?
- Bay: It doesn't matter if I'm into him. We're together. Emmett, I did the one thing that I swore I would never do. You, of all people, should understand how crappy I feel right now.
- Bay: There's so much that could drive us apart, but I'm not gonna let it. You're the one that I always come back to.
- Nacho: (to Daphne) Your mom is a sellout and a whore!
- Bay: Whoa! Wait a minute!
- [Daphne motions Bay to stop talking]
- Daphne: (to Nacho) She quit. All right? She's not working for him anymore. That's what we came here to tell you. So you leave her out of it! Got it?! You leave her out! (to Bay) Let's go.
- [Daphne and Bay go to Daphne's car]
Like a Snowball Down a Mountain [3x13] edit
- John: Sometimes love makes you do stupid things.
- Bay: Oh. It was a tasteful junk shot. I did not know I would ever have to learn the sign for junk shot.
Oh, Future [3x14] edit
- Daphne (to Regina): No, because people hold it against them in the same way they hold deafness against me. I know what it feels like.
- Regina: So you're not Latina because you don't feel burdened enough? Me and your grandmother and generations before us faced discrimination because our name is Vasquez. You don't think that affects you?
- Bay: You will always have me.
- Emmett: Seeing you and being with you is the best part of every day.
And We Bring the Light [3x15] edit
- Bay: So, my whole world ended four days ago and I didn't even know it.
- Kathryn (to Bay): Well, maybe writing isn't the same as the visual arts...
- Bay: Mom, you're not a writer. Not a real one.
- Toby: Bay!
- Kathryn: Good luck with your project.
- Angelo: (to Regina) You're completely blind, you know that? All of this "We wanna save East Riverside." Just admit it! It's for him (Wes)!
- Regina: What are you saying? That I'm cheating?
- Angelo: Are you?
- Regina: Are you kidding me?! Can I remind you that you are the one that left us and then had a baby with another woman?! You couldn't raise that one either, could you?
- Daphne: Mom!
- Angelo: (to Regina) I've given you everything I've got!
The Image Disappears [3x16] edit
- Kathryn: When my kids are in trouble, I want them to come to me whether or not they believe in me.
- Regina: He never told me he had a will.
- Bay: He already made the hard decision for us.
- Daphne: This is all your (Regina) fault.
- [flashback to 1998]
- Angelo: [to Regina] You lied to me.
- Regina: What are you talking about? (looks at paper on her lap) What is this?
- Angelo: That's a DNA test. It's proof that Daphne is not my daughter. Green eyes and freckles. You really think I'm stupid, huh?
- Regina: We have been over this a million times. I didn't have an affair. Daphne is your daughter. Where is this coming from? My word has always been good enough for you. Wait. Is it because the doctors are saying she's deaf?
- Angelo: That's ridiculous.
- Regina: Look, I know that you are scared. I am too.
- Angelo: It's not because she's deaf. I don't wanna raise another man's child.
- Regina: Is this test even real? I mean maybe you're making it up so you will have an excuse to walk away.
- Angelo: Gina.
- Regina: You know what? You are off the hook.
- Angelo: I just want the truth!
- Regina: I'm serious! Go home, pack your stuff, and get out. We'll be better off without you.
- Angelo: Fine! [goes to hospital elevator]
Girl With Death Mask (She Plays Alone) [3x17] edit
- Daphne: Being good all the time gets you nowhere!
- Regina: Hey. You're home.
- Daphne: Where's the lemon cake?
- Regina: The what?
- Daphne: It was in a blue container. I was saving it.
- Regina: Oh, sweetie. It was getting so packed in there. I started to throw some stuff out.
- Daphne: Why would you do that?
- Regina: I'm sorry. We can make more.
- Daphne: No. I don't have the recipe. Now it's gone forever.
- Regina: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Talk to me. How was the trip?
- Daphne: Stop trying to pretend like everything's fine. Nothing is fine.
- Regina: Daphne, I'm trying to get through this just like you.
- Daphne: You really want to know how my trip went?
- Regina: Yeah.
- Daphne: I got high. Okay? I got very high. What are you gonna do about it?
It Isn't What You Think [3x18] edit
You Will Not Escape [3x19] edit
- Bay: You know what? You are not the only one going through stuff, so stop acting like a little brat!
- Kathryn: Wait a minute. Did you just say Jane Austen and "batter up" in the same sentence?
- Daphne: You are not my mother. You have never been my mother.
- Regina: Daphne, I did not kill Angelo. We had an argument. People argue.
- Daphne: I was there. I know what you said.
- Regina: Do you honestly think I wanted him to drive off and have an accident? I am suffering just as much as you are.
- Daphne: ARE YOU? Because all I see is you working with Chip Coto and lying to me and taking all of this money.
- Regina: How did I lie to you?
- Daphne: You've always lied to me! Ever since you found out about the switch and didn't tell me.
- Regina: Oh my God. Are we back to this again?
Girl on the Cliff [3x20] edit
- [Kathyryn sees Daphne sitting next to Angelo's memorial and goes to her]
- Daphne: (to Kathyrn) I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
- Kathyrn: Honey, no. You're fine. It's okay.
- Daphne: No, it's not. I messed up my job, and Dr. J hates me, and Bay and Travis hate me and they should because I'm a horrible person. And... my mom. I have been terrible to her.
- Kathyrn: Nobody hates you. You're not a horrible person. You're okay. It's going to be okay.
- Daphne: No, it's not. All the years that I wasted with Angelo. Being mad at him. He was trying so hard to make a connection with me, and... now it's too late.
- Kathryn: I felt the same way when I found out about the switch. All those years lost. All the milestones missed. There's no going back, only forward. It's easy to live in anger, but I have to be grateful that at least, eventually, we found each other.
- Daphne: I loved him, and I never said it.
- Kathyrn: Honey, Angelo... Angelo knew. It's not always about words.
- [Daphne hugs Kathyrn and sobs. Regina comes over to Daphne and Daphne turns around]
- Daphne: Mom!
- [Daphne hugs Regina and sobs]
- Counselor: OK, everyone, gather around. We're about to announce your prom king and queen.
- Bay: Oh, exciting. Let's see who the prettiest, most popular, most superficial couple in the school is.
- Natalie: Cool!
- Bay: This is a joke, right?
- Regina: (to Daphne) Nacho Rivera? He threw the brick? And now you're seeing him? Seriously? Are you that mad at me?
- John: What's she mad at you for?
- Daphne: Take your pick: that she's in business with Chip Coto or that she pulled a gun on me.
- Regina: [to Daphne about the security footage on the vandalism of the project] It was Nacho in that video. I'm sure of it. Did you know he was involved. [Daphne ignores the question, but Regina slams her hand on the table to get her attention] Did you know Nacho was responsible for vandalizing the East Riverside project? [Daphne nods her head] Unbelievable. How could you know and not tell me? Is he that important to you? My God. What is it with you and these bad boys? First Jeff, then Jace, and now Nacho?
- Daphne: I don't even like Nacho.
- Regina: Then why on earth would you cover for him? It doesn't make any sense. [short pause] Unless you were with him. He was talking to somebody in the video, but I couldn't make out who. [Daphne starts to feel guilty] Please tell me it wasn't you. [Daphne says nothing] Oh my God. Do you realize what you've done? How serious this is? [Daphne walks away, but Regina stops her] You are still on probation. Are you trying to land in jail? Everything that we have worked so hard for. All the opportunities that you've been given , and you risk it all for what?! [Regina shakes Daphne] Talk to me, damn it! Do you really have nothing to say?! [Daphne is crying and Regina lets go of her]
- Daphne: I have to go to the clinic. [Daphne leaves]
And Life Begins Right Away [3x21] edit
- Bay (to Daphne): Who would have thought that we would end up graduating from the same school?
- Daphne: Three years ago, I didn't even know you existed.
- Bay: And I had never even heard of Carlton.
- Daphne: Do you remember that day? The day we first met?
- Bay: I was so jealous of you back then.
- Daphne: Now you're the one with the perfect boyfriend, perfect life out in L.A.
- Bay: Daphne, stop.
- Daphne: It's true. You handled everything so well after Angelo died.
- John: What is going to happen to her?
- Kathryn: I'll tell you what's going to happen. She is going to live through this and so are we.
Yuletide Fortune Tellers [3x22] edit
- Regina (to Daphne): The whole perfect Kennish Christmas thing makes me feel like you were cheated out of this storybook life; like you somehow drew the short straw because you got stuck with the single mom.
- Daphne: Mom! I love our Christmases.
- Bay (to Kathryn): Come on, Mom, what is with you? You're like the cruise director on the cruise to Christmas hell!
- Bay: Mom, I love every single thing about our Christmases. That's not entirely true. But, every family has a little crazy and if I have to have crazy, I prefer your crazy over anyone else's.
Season 4 edit
And It Cannot Be Changed [4x01] edit
- Emmett (to Daphne): Bay and I had plans. She had a life we were excited about and you ruined it.
- Daphne: I know and I'm sorry, but she'll be out there soon.
- Emmett: No, she won't. Her probation got extended because she did something stupid which she never would have done if she hadn't been there in the first place.
- Daphne: What are you talking about?
- Emmett: Everyone has let you off the hook. Your parents, your sister, those stupid cops who believed this stupid lie. Daphne had a meltdown and so the whole family has to pay for it.
- Daphne: Stop yelling at me and just talk to me, please.
- Emmett: No one's telling you anything because they're afraid you're too fragile, but I'll tell you. There is no forgiving you for this. Ever.
- Daphne: I'm so sorry that this turned into such a mess.
- Bay: Yeah.
- Daphne: That's why I'm not going to Gallaudet. I know that you didn't ask me too. It's just the right thing to do: stay.
- Bay: You don't get a medal for not going.
- Daphne: I know that. I just wanted to be around for you. For whatever you need.
- Bay: Well I need you to not be here right now.
- Daphne: What?
- Bay: I need you to leave my room.
- Daphne: Bay, I...
- Bay: No. Seriously.
Bracing the Waves [4x02] edit
- Josh: Why are you sorry? They should be sorry. What? They can't take the extra three minutes it would take to let us catch up?
- Daphne: Josh, I got this.
- Josh: You guys are training to be doctors, right? To heal people would are sick. You guys are douchebags! Did you know that?! Total douchebags!
I Lock the Door Upon Myself [4x03] edit
- Kathryn: Look, Regina, you don't have to give away Angelo's things right now. If you're not ready, you're not ready.
- Toby (to Daphne): I was way to hard on you at the orientation.
- Daphne: It's alright; actually I'm glad you yelled some sense into me and I'm really glad I didn't go away to school.
We Were So Close That Nothing Use to Stand Between Us [4x04] edit
- Kathryn (to John): He just doesn't seem worried about supporting himself, I mean at all.
- John: Kathryn, I hate to break this to you but this may be the child that we raised. We've always provided for him.
- Kathryn: I think it's time we cut the strings.
- John: What have you done with my wife?
- Daphne (to Regina after hearing about her talking to her Chemistry professor about Daphne's midterm grade): Oh God, you didn't.
- Regina: I was trying to help.
- Daphne: What did you even say to her?
- Regina: I just wanted to make sure she was aware of the challenges.
- Daphne: You used my deafness?
- Regina: She needed to know your story.
- Daphne: She knows I'm deaf.
- Regina: But she probably doesn't know the extent of the extra challenges you face.
- Daphne: She does. She just hates excuses. (sighs) Why didn't you tell me first so that I could've talked you out of it?
- Regina: Parents have a right to communicate with their kids' teachers.
- Daphne: They're called professors.
- Regina: Hey!
- Daphne: Mom, I'm not in high school anymore. This is college.
- Regina: I know that.
- Daphne: Do you know how humiliated I am? You made me look like a baby. An invalid. A disabled whiner.
- Regina: All I said was.
- Daphne: You never went to college!
- Regina: So what?
- Daphne: So you don't get it.
- Regina: I don't care how many diplomas you get. You are never to speak to me like this. Never.
- Daphne: You've never been in this world. You don't know how it works.
- Regina: Stop right there before you say something you'll regret. I do not like the person you're becoming. (leaves Daphne's dorm)
At the First Clear Word [4x05] edit
- Bay: Tess has a boyfriend, a pretty serious one, I think she loves him a lot. But I guess last night she got really drunk, like smashed and when she woke up this morning, she found that she had, had sex with someone else, but she doesn't remember it. Nothing, black-out. Does that found as cheating? I mean, does she have to tell her boyfriend?
- Regina: Well, that's awful.
- Bay: That she cheated.
- Regina: That she was raped.
Black and Gray [4x06] edit
Fog and Storm and Rain [4x07] edit
- Bay: (to Emmett after telling him her rape incident) So I guess what I'm saying is both Tank and I made mistakes.
- Emmett: Tank was the guy. He should have walked away.
- Bay: Yes, he should have. But it's complicated. And you've been in this situation before. You were drunk and made stupid choices and...
- Emmett: (stops Bay) So you're saying it was a choice.
- Bay: What? No, I'm not saying. Okay, just stop trying to trap me. I'm saying it's not about making Tank out to be some monster.
- Emmett: Why are you defending him?
- Bay: I'm not.
- Emmett: You are. This whole thing has been about convincing me what an upstanding guy Tank is.
- Bay: No, that's not true.
- Emmett: What I don't understand is what you were doing alone and drunk with your ex-boyfriend in bed.
- Bay: I told you. I felt sick and I wanted to lie down.
- Emmett: With him?!
- Bay: No!
- Emmett: So it had nothing to do with our fight last night? Or you being jealous about Skye?
- Bay: Was I upset about us? Yes I was and that's probably why I drank too much, but I was not trying to get back at you and I cannot believe that you would even ask me that!
- Emmett: Don't get mad at me. I'm not the one that ended up in bed with my ex-boyfriend! The instant Skye kissed me, I pushed her away. The instant.
- Bay: This is not about cheating, so.
- Emmett: (interrupts Bay) So it's a coincidence that he was your old boyfriend? (walks out of Bay's room)
- Bay: No, it wasn't a coincidence. Emmett! (follows Emmett out to the front yard where it's raining) Emmett! Emmett, I'm trying to explain this to you, and all you wanna do is point fingers! Either he's the monster or I am and why can't it be somewhere in the middle?! Why can't you get this?! I'm trying to be honest with you and it's like you prefer your own version of what happened!
- Emmett: I wish you had just let it be.
- Bay: And live a lie?! If we're gonna get past this, then I need you to know the truth and be okay with it.
- Emmett: But I'm not okay with it.
- Bay: Then I don't know where that leaves us.
- Emmett: Neither do I. (leaves)
Art Like Love is Dedication [4x08] edit
The Player's Choice [4x09] edit
There is My Heart [4x10] edit
To Repel Ghosts [4x11] edit
How Does a Girl Like You Get to Be a Girl Like You [4x12] edit
Between Hope and Fear [4x13] edit
We Mourn, We Weep, We Love Again [4x14] edit
Instead of Damning the Darkness, It's Better to Light a Little Lantern [4x15] edit
Borrowing Your Enemy's Arrows [4x16] edit
To the Victor Belong the Spoils [4x17] edit
The Accommodations of Desire [4x18] edit
A Mad Tea Party [4x19] edit
And Always Searching for Beauty [4x20] edit
Season 5 edit
The Call [5x01] edit
This Has to Do with Me [5x02] edit
Surprise [5x03] edit
Relation of Lines and Colors [5x04] edit
- Iris: [to Daphne about telling on her to Professor Marillo] You ratted me out to Dean Peterson?
- Daphne: No, I spoke to Professor Marillo.
- Iris: Who told Dean Peterson who called my dad! Now he's freaking out! He threatened to pull me from school if I continue with the hunger strike!
- Daphne: Iris, I am so sorry. That was not my intention. I was trying to help, I swear.
- Iris: I didn't ask for your help! Stop trying to be the great white hope, okay?! I can handle this! [leaves]
Occupy Truth [5x05] edit
- Sharee: [to Regina] I was 4 when I was called the N-word for the first time.
- Regina: You tell your story. People will listen.
Four Ages in Life [5x06] edit
Memory (The Heart) [5x07] edit
- [Daphne enters the tattoo parlor Bay works at and confronts Ally]
- Bay: [to Daphne] Hey.
- Daphne: She's been lying to us. You weren't born with a congenital defect. You ruined your heart from cocaine abuse. And your mom didn't die from cancer. She's in prison.
- Bay: What are you talking about?
- Daphne: She's been arrested too. Twice, for DUIs.
- Ally: First of all, I was barely stoned. I had, like, two bumps.
- Daphne: You're defending driving high?
- Ally: The cop asked me out after he booked me. He was just looking for a reason to pull me over. And my mom may be in jail, but she's still dead to me.
- Daphne: Sounds to me like you didn't deserve to be on the transplant list.
- Ally: Who are you to judge me?! You don't know anything about me! A Mission Hills girl telling me what I did wrong?
- Daphne: You do not get a pass because you had a hard life. I had a hard life too.
- Bay: [to Daphne] Hold on a second. [to Ally] Just tell us the truth, okay? Did you lie about everything? The connection that you felt with Angelo. Were you making all of that up?
- Ally: What do you want me to say?
- Bay: [on tears] I lost my biological dad the day that I got switched. And then I lost him again the day that he died. And thanks to you, I just lost him for a third time.
- Ally: I said what you wanted to hear. [Ally leaves the parlor and Daphne comforts Bay as she cries]