1983 film directed by Richard Lester
If the world's most powerful computer can control even Superman...no one on earth is safe.taglines
- [to disgusted onlookers at a bar] What are ya' looking at?! Huh?!
- Well, I hope you don't expect me to save you, 'cause I don't do that anymore.
- You always wanted to fly, Kent. Now's your chance!
- [after blowing acid on Clark Kent] What's 'a matter, Kent? Too warm for ya'? Come on chicken! You've been on my nerves for a long time!
- Both keys at the same time!
- I don't want to go to jail because there are robbers and rapers and rapers who rape robbers!
- I just do not believe a man can fly!
- (throwing rock at mule) Get you, jackass!
- He didn't die. I asked you to kill Superman, and you're telling me you couldn't even do that one, simple thing.
- Vera, get ahold of yourself. No one else ever will.
- Never underestimate the power of computers.
- Unemployment Clerk: Next! Name?
- Gus Gorman: Gus Gorman.
- Unemployment Clerk: Ah yes, August Gorman. Have you looked for work this week, Mr. Gorman?
- Gus Gorman: Yeah.
- Unemployment Clerk: What kind?
- Gus Gorman: Kitchen... technician.
- Unemployment Clerk: Dishwasher? Any luck?
- Gus Gorman: Nope. But -
- Unemployment Clerk: Mr. Gorman, according to our records you have been unemployed for thirty-six weeks.
- Gus Gorman: Thirty-five.
- Unemployment Clerk: Not counting this week. [looks through his file] You secured employment last June as a messenger and were discharged after one day for -
- Gus Gorman: They said I lost it on the subway, but it ain't the truth! It was a pickpocket took it!
- Unemployment Clerk: A television set?
- Gus Gorman: It was one of them little insy-bitty two-inch screen Japanese jobs.
- Unemployment Clerk: The only other employment you found was in a fast-food joint which lasted... twenty-eight minutes? Well, that's some kind of record. Talk about fast.
- Gus Gorman: You know they 'spect you to learn all that on the first day? "Hold the pickle! Hold the lettuce! Extra onions! Special sauce! No special sauce!" Ain't nobody found no meat inside that glop yet.
- Unemployment Clerk: Mr. Gorman, the city of Metropolis is generous to a fault, but thirty-six weeks of chronic unemployment, thirty-six weeks of living off the taxes of hard-working citizens. Do you know what you are?
- Gus Gorman: Don't call me a bum! I ain't no bum!
- Unemployment Clerk: You are, I was about to say, no longer eligible.
- Gus Gorman: Hey brother, got a light?
- Black Man: Sure.
- Hands Gus a matchbook, which has a unique advertisement
- Matchbook: Earn big money! Learn about computers at Metropolis School of Technology.
- Perry White: I don't understand you, Olsen. A boring banquet and you bring me three thousand boring pictures. Yet Superman saves a man from drowning on 3rd Avenue this morning while you stand there watching the whole thing and you don't even bring me one picture.
- Jimmy Olsen: Chief, I didn't have my camera with me.
- Perry White: A photographer eats with his camera. A photographer sleeps with his camera.
- Lois Lane: I'm glad I'm a writer.
- Perry White: I don't have to tell you, it isn't easy for me to lose one of my best reporters.
- Clark Kent: Oh, that's okay.
- Perry White: But you deserve the vacation, Lois.
- Jimmy Olsen: Clark, I want you to keep these people distracted so they don't know what I'm doing.
- Clark Kent: What are you doing?
- Jimmy Olsen: What am I doing? Remember what the chief said? A photographer always goes after a story.
- Clark Kent: That could be dangerous, Jimmy.
- Jimmy Olsen: Danger? Goes with the territory, Mr. Kent.
- Superman: Alright, Webster, the game's over.
- Lorelei Ambrosia: Hi, honey.
- Superman: I don't know you, lady.
- Lorelei Ambrosia: [sad] But the other night...
- Superman: I'm sorry, but that wasn't me. That guy's gone. [to Webster] And you're next, Webster.
- Ross Webster: Never underestimate the power of computers. How do you like it?
- Superman: l think it's typical of people like you, Webster. Instead of helping others, the four of you just want to help yourselves.
- Gus Gorman: [to Superman] Four of you? You mean, Us? Four? Wait-- Hey, man!
- Lorelei Ambrosia: That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman.
- Gus Gorman: [to Superman] Oh, I see, I'm not with them, Superman.
- Superman: You could've fooled me, Mister.
- Ross Webster: You're a genius. You've invented a machine that can find anybody's weak spot. Congratulations, old buddy. You're going to go down in history as the man who killed Superman!
- Gus Gorman: I'm - no. Superman! No!
- Even when faced with a trio of supervillains from his home planet, Superman saved the day. This time, if the world's most powerful computer can control even Superman...no one on earth is safe.
- Alexander Salkind Presents Christopher Reeve and Richard Pryor as you never seen them before. With more action, more twists, and more fun than Superman has ever had before!
- The world's super hero in his toughest adventure yet!
- Superman vs. the king of computerized crime!