Super Mario Bros. (film)
1993 US-UK film
- Strap your belt on, kid. We're goin' in!
- Treat your tools like a friend. Keep 'em by ya. Never let 'em down, and they're always at your side.
- Mario Brothers Plumbing. No leak too small.
- Everybody's got tap water! 3 bucks!
- No woman can resist the charm of a Mario.
- [before he and Mario get their mugshots taken] Hey, yo, Mario, look. I grew an inch!
- Anything is possible, Mario. You just gotta believe!
- Trust the fungus.
- I hope the guy downstairs knows where we're goin'.
- [Lena is fossilized in a wall] Wow, she sure makes an impression.
- My, my, someone got up on the wrong side of the nest this morning.
- [during his mud bath] Do you know what I love about mud? It's clean and it's dirty at the same time.
- I'll kill that PLUMBER!!
- You may think of evolution as an upward process. Things evolve from primeval slime, up to single-celled organisms, up to intelligent life. De-evolution, of course, works the opposite way. Back to simpler forms. For instance, even our musical friend Toad can become a loyal child of the royal family: Goombas!
- Muster the Goombas! Hand out the devolution guns! Prepare for destiny! Where's my pizza?
- Look at this place. Pathetic. It gets worse every day. The humans on the other side have a world full of resources. Ready for the taking. Imagine: an endless supply of food, clean air, water. And what are we stuck with? This... pithole, germs everywhere, fungus. For 65 million years, we've been exiled here after the meteorite stuck while mammals roamed freely in the other dimension! Ha! Well not for long!
- I've just found out that I have saboteurs in the tower! I still do not have the meteorite piece! I'm about to lose everything! We can talk about this later, if later even occurs!
- I'm a vegetarian. I don't eat anything with a face.
- These are all strange new species. Look at this, the way these bones fit here, and the opposable thumb. It's almost as if he were a monster trying to be a human being.
- Luigi: [as he drives the van, saying he has a feeling he should go this way] You know, I bet there's sea turtles that travel thousands of miles on instinct.
- Mario: Not in New York traffic, they don't.
- Sergeant: Name.
- Mario: Mario.
- Sergeant: Last name.
- Mario: Mario.
- Sergeant: [to Luigi] Okay. What's your name?
- Luigi: Luigi.
- Sergeant: Luigi Luigi?
- Luigi: No. Luigi Mario.
- Sergeant: Okay, look, how many Marios are there between the two of you?
- Luigi: There's 3. There's Mario Mario and Luigi Mario.
- Sergeant: Mike! Mike! Help these Marios around the side.
- Toad: [sings] Oh, oh, oh.
- I'm sittin' here in a cramped detention,
- with brothers from another dimension.
- Thinkin' 'bout my... [stops] Say, what's another word that rhymes with "Dimension"?
- Mario: Yeah, tension, and I'm full of it, so shut up.
- [in the squad car, a wanted poster of Luigi and Mario flashes on a TV screen naming them Alien Plumbers]
- Luigi: Aliens? We gotta deal with aliens too?
- Mario: Luigi, we're the aliens!
- Luigi: We are? Wow, cool!
- Sergeant: Nobody touches President Koopa.
- Luigi: [rubbing his eyes in pain] But he said he was one evil...
- Koopa: One evil, egg sucking son of a snake. Did I lie?
- [Mario and Luigi escape from prison]
- Luigi: They got us! What're we gonna do?
- Mario: [points to a squad car] #1: We steal this car. #2: I'm drivin'.
- Koopa: Now, where's the rock?
- [Iggy and Spike look at each other, then at Koopa]
- Iggy and Spike: Rock, sir?
- Koopa: The meteorite piece that she wears around her neck, and I told you not to forget it!
- Spike: That rock!
- Iggy: I told you not to forget it!
- Koopa: And I told you to remind him! Without that piece, the meteorite lays dormant. I'll not be able to merge the dimensions! Where is it?!
- Iggy and Spike: [nervously] The plumbers took it.
- Koopa: [whispers] Plumbers? [to Lena] Plumber alert!
- [the Marios try to escape in a police car]
- Mario: Where's the starter on this thing?
- Luigi: I got a feeling about this, Mario-roni.
- [types the codes to the strange controls to start the car]
- Mario: I didn't know you could do that.
- Luigi: Comes from sittin' on my butt all day playing video games. That's what.
- Sergeant: Mario Brothers!
- Mario: [in his cell with Luigi] Yeah! That's us! You better get a lawyer or get us outta this chicken coop!
- Sergeant: You got one.
- This ain't no game!
- Can two plumbers save the world from going down the drain?