Steven Universe (season 5)
The following is a list of quotes from the fifth season of Steven Universe.
- Aquamarine: Say, Rose, how do I look?
- Steven: Awful, small and mean!
- Blue Diamond: How did you do it? How did you shatter Pink Diamond?
- Steven: [nervously] Um, well...I did it on Earth in front of Pink Diamond's palanquin. I was probably like "Stop!" And she was all like, "No!" So we fought -- I think. And she probably did some cool moves. I probably did some cool stuff, too, some jump-kicks and stuff. But I was most likely deeply conflicted about deciding to shatter her. Definitely crying. I probably had to use the Breaking Point to do it.
- Blue Diamond: It was a sword!
- Steven: But it doesn't feel right to just leave you here.
- Lars: You said yourself that everyone on this planet is out to get you. You won't be safe until you're back on Earth.
- Steven: But, Lars--
- Lars: Don't argue with me! You're always trying to help me. You brought me back to life. Just let me be somebody who deserved it.
Raising the BarnEdit
Back to the KindergartenEdit
- Peridot: This used to make sense to me. I thought life was generated in a kindergarten. Formless, aimless energy channeled into new, useful gems. But life doesn't start in a kindergarten. It ends here. I've gotten used to plants everywhere. Bugs and breeze and sunshine...all of that has been sucked out of this place.
Lars of the StarsEdit
Your Mother and MineEdit
The Big ShowEdit
- Garnet: I think I get it.
- Steven: Hm?
- Garnet: Why my future vision has been so off. I have to change the way I think about you.
- Steven: What?
- Garnet: I've been looking into probable futures where you act like a child. I keep expecting you to run from responsibility and to turn to me for help, but you don't do that anymore. Those futures aren't probable at all. There's nothing wrong with this timeline or my future vision. I just need to factor in that you've grown up.
Letters to LarsEdit
Can't Go BackEdit
A Single Pale RoseEdit
- Steven: It better not turn out that her phone was in her pocket...or she left it on the dresser or dropped it in the toilet. Seems about as likely as putting it away in your repressed war memories.
- [Steven returns from Pearl's gem after learning the truth about how Rose Quartz "shattered" Pink Diamond]
- Steven: I know.
- Pearl: [crying] I wanted to tell you for so long...
- Steven Mom was Pink Diamond...
- [Garnet and Amethyst stand in shock behind Steven]
- Amethyst: WhaaaaaaAAAT?!?
Now We're Only Falling ApartEdit
What's your ProblemEdit
Made of HonorEdit
- Sapphire: Ruby, my future used to look like one single, obvious stream, unbending 'til the end of time. In an instant, you pulled me from that destiny and opened my eye to an explosion of infinite possible futures, streaking across space and time, altered and obliterated by the smallest force of will.
- Sapphire: What I mean is, you changed my life.
Legs from Here to HomeworldEdit
- Bismuth: Bismuth, are you ready?
- Bismuth: I'm not gonna join a Diamond entourage! I know what you're doing, I get why you gotta do it, but I'm not gonna lay my gem on their anvil.
- Steven: Anvil?
- Bismuth: Okay, let me put this in Earth terms for you: you're about to enter the lion's den. Luckily, you're a lion too. You gotta roar at them in their language. You're the one that has to do it.
- Steven: Oh, I'll get them all together in one place
- And once we're all together face-to-face
- I'll show them all the error of their ways
- And stop their spread of terror across space!
Change Your MindEdit
- White Diamond: You are Pink Diamond! That is Pink Diamond's gem! You do not look like this! You do not sound like this! You are not half-human! You're just...acting like a child!
- Steven: I am a child. What's your excuse?