Steven Leslie Kagen M.D. (born October 12, 1949) is an American politician and physician who was a Democratic United States Representative from Wisconsin's 8th congressional district from 2007 to 2011.
- Disease does not recognize congressional districts or party affiliation.
- "Kagen Introduces Bill To Save Wisconsin Family Medical Training". Public Statements. Project Vote Smart (27 June 2007). Retrieved on 2007-07-21.
- We have federal standards for everything in America except the one thing you need most — your health.
- I did not run for this office to get health care benefits.
- I purchased a Chevrolet Impala. I shopped around and had 5 different auto dealers competing for my business. Because all 5 offered the same product, they were forced to compete for my business... Funny thing, they still made a fair profit — not an outrageous one.
- Comparing price competition in the automobile market to having a prescription filled at a pharmacy
- "I Have Been Living the Movie 'Sicko' For the Last 30 Years". Daily Kos (13 July 2007). Retrieved on 2007-07-21.
- If we get public education right, everything else will follow. But if we get it wrong, not much else will matter.
- We did our job. We took out a murderous dictator in Saddam Hussein and have given the freely elected government of Iraq all the time and money we can afford. It is time to direct our efforts away from Iraq and back after Osama bin Laden and his followers. The Iraqi government must take responsibility for the security of its own people.
- "Kagen Sponsors Iraq Redeployment Legislation to Move Away from Iraq and Back After Osama Bin Laden and His Followers". Representative Steve Kagen. U.S. House of Representatives (12 July 2007). Retrieved on 2007-07-21.