Stargate: The Ark of Truth
2008 film by Robert C. Cooper
Stargate: The Ark of Truth is a direct-to-DVD science-fiction film released on March 11, 2008. It is the first sequel to TV series Stargate SG-1, and serves as the conclusion to the show's Ori story arc.
- [has just taken command of the Oddysey] Weapons at maximum.[Marks: sir?] It's a joke, Marks. Make it go.
- [Mitchell is groaning from being thrown by a replicator-controlled Marrick.] You know, I… I think we really… we got off on the wrong foot. [Marrick again throws him across the room.] Who am I kidding? I knew you were an asshole the moment we met.
- Alteran woman: We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will. I will not compromise the fundamental tenants of my devotion in order to preserve it.
- Doci: [After learning the truth about the Ori] Mia clementia denor esto. [Have mercy, I was blind, but now I see]
- [Mitchell reluctantly takes the command seat of Odyssey.]
- Lt. Col. Mitchell: Weapons to maximum.
- Maj. Marks: Sir?
- Lt. Col. Mitchell: It's a joke, Marks. Make it go.
- [Teal'c talks to Tomin about his own guilt from his days serving Apophis.]
- Teal'c: One day others may try to convice you they have forgiven you. That is more about them than you. For them, imparting forgiveness is a blessing.
- Tomin: How do you go on?
- Teal'c: It is simple. You will never forgive yourself. Accept it. You hurt others… many others. That cannot be undone. You will never find personal retribution. But your life does not have to end. That which is right, just, and true can still prevail. If you do not fight for what you believe in, all may be lost for everyone else. But do not fight for yourself. Fight for others — others that may be saved through your effort. That is the least you can do.
- [Vala and Daniel Jackson are in a village in the Ori galaxy. Daniel has just seen Merlin.]
- Dr. Jackson: You see that?
- Vala: What?
- [Daniel indicates an old man.]
- Vala: That old man? What about him?
- Dr. Jackson: Nothing.
- Vala: Glad we had this chat.
- Marrick: Why was I not notified that you had someone on board with new intel about Ori army activity?
- Lt. Col. Mitchell: Well I'm sure I called for you. There was no answer. Oh wait. I may have not pressed the comm button all the way down. Wow, I must look stupid standing there talking to myself.
- [Mitchell is talking to Carter.]
- Lt. Col. Mitchell: You sure you don't want the chair?
- Lt. Col. Carter: No, it's all yours!
- Dr. Jackson: Oh, God.
- Doci: Your gods cannot save you now, Daniel Jackson.
- Dr. Jackson: No, it's just a term for general dissatisfaction.
- Lt. Col. Mitchell: My grandma always said: "You want honey? follow the bees".
- Marks: Sounds like a good way to get stung to me.
- Part of SG-1 is planetside, while Mitchell and Carter are dealing with a problem on the Odyssey:
- Tomin: What's a "replicator"?
- Teal'c: You do not wish to know.
- Lt. Col. Mitchell: [via comm] Yeah, it's me again, your friendly neighborhood ship's commander. Looks like you guys have a little more time down there; we're having a bit of trouble with the beaming thing at the moment...I promise...[static]
- Dr. Jackson: Okay, then...onwards!
- Adria: No! You can't take away my power!
- Vala: I think... we just did.
- Adria: You will all burn in the fires of eternal damnation!
- Morgan le Fay: Not if I have anything to do with it.
- Adria: You're no match for me.
- Morgan le Fay: [smiles] I am now
- [After some recovery time, SG-1 prepares to head out on another mission.]
- Lt. Col. Mitchell: It's kind of weird not having a big bad guy to fight anymore.
- Lt. Col. Carter: Yeah, that's how we felt when we defeated the Goa'uld. And the Replicators. The first time.
- Lt. Col. Mitchell: Well, Jackson and Vala took care of that.
- Vala: That whole Ori thing was not our fault!
- Dr. Jackson: Just take the blame. You get used to it.