Star Wars: The Clone Wars (season 5)
Season 5 of The Clone Wars
The following is a list of quotes from the fifth season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Strength of character can defeat strength in numbers.
- Maul: To continue, we need one singular vision…my vision.
- Savage: Brother, let us share our strength. There is no need for dominance between us.
- Maul: Always two there are, my brother: A master, and an apprentice. And you are the apprentice.
- Maul: Three of your captains have joined me already.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Traitors, scum, I'm so proud, yet so ashamed.
- Maul: There is a price to pay for disobedience. (he kills one of the captains with his lightsaber)
- Hondo Ohnaka: Let me warn you, you are not the first laser-sword wielding maniac I've had to deal with, and Hondo Ohnaka survives every time!
- Maul: We shall see.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Greetings, Hondo.
- Hondo Ohnaka: 'Greetings'? What kind of menace have you brought to my planet now? First, you lose the system and allow Grievous and his droids to march in and destroy my entire operation! Now, these two horny-headed freaks show up! Who are these horny-headed men anyway? They don't seem like normal Jedi.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Not Jedi, Hondo, Sith. We tracked them to this location.
- Hondo Ohnaka: They just threatened to attack with a group of my men, my own men!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Yes, we can see them from here. It looks like they are headed your way.
- Hondo Ohnaka: You must help us Kenobi. You deal with the two horned men, and I will deal with my men.
- Hondo Ohnaka: (while being attacked by his men) Well, that settles it. Those traitors are no longer my men! I want their tongues!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Where are the rest of your men?
- Hondo Ohnaka: They are setting up an ambush. We can use your help. Where is the other Jedi?
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: She's...She's dead.
- Hondo Ohnaka: She's de-- they're too powerful even for you? I am semi-speechless. (one of Maul's soldiers can be heard talking down the hall. Obi-Wan draws his lightsaber as Hondo and his troops draw their weapons)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I'll lead the brothers away, once that's done, blast the passageway closed.
- Hondo Ohnaka: And leave you with the two crazies?...eh, ok.
- Maul: Jiro, ready the men, we're leaving!
- Hondo Ohnaka: My men are not going anywhere with you! Look at them, how powerful can they be? They're running away from Kenobi!
- Maul: Filth. You will pay for your insolence!
- Hondo Ohnaka: Insolence! (chuckles) We're pirates, we don't even know what that word means! Open fire! If we kill those two, their riches will be ours!
A War on Two Fronts [5.02]Edit
- Fear is a malleable weapon.
- Steela: He fashions himself as our leader, though no one elected him.
- Anakin Skywalker: Snips, are you losing focus?
- Ahsoka Tano: No, Master.
- Anakin Skywalker: Good.
Front Runners [5.03]Edit
- To seek something is to believe in its possibility.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, remember what I told you about staying focused.
- Ahsoka Tano: I can't help it, Master.
- Anakin Skywalker: I understand.
- Ahsoka Tano: You do?
- Anakin Skywalker: I do. But try to remember, always put purpose ahead of your feelings.
The Soft War [5.04]Edit
- Struggles often begin and end with the truth.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: I sense fear in you, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: The rebels are divided. If they try to rescue the king now, I'm afraid we might lose them.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: We cannot control their fate.
- Ahsoka Tano: It's just, they're risking their lives to save just one.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Do not underestimate the king's power. He represents hope and is critical to their success.
- Ahsoka Tano: I feel responsible for them.
- Anakin Skywalker: I know you do, Snips, but remember, purpose must come before feelings.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know, Master.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Step in only if you must, but remember, if this experiment is to become an effective strategy, they must learn to survive on their own.
- Ahsoka Tano: Yes, Master Kenobi. I understand.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know it's a hard choice, but I agree. Purpose must come before feelings.
Tipping Points [5.05]Edit
- Disobedience is a demand for change.
- Ahsoka Tano: Hondo! What are you doing here?
- Hondo Ohnaka: Ah, is that any way to greet me? I have brought a gift from Skywalker (opens crates) most highly advanced technology.
- Ahsoka Tano: Rocket Launchers!
- Hondo Ohnaka: Very expensive.
- Ahsoka Tano: (cautious) Paid for?
- Hondo Ohnaka: Very handsomely. (droids attack the compound) Oh, would you look at the time, gotta go.
The Gathering [5.06]Edit
- He who faces himself, finds himself.
- Master Yoda: A crystal you have found. Water you have brought.
- Petro: But that's impossible. It was my crystal. I was sure of it.
- Master Yoda: Mm. So certain were you. Go back and closer you must look.
- Petro: But the door is already half closed.
- Ahsoka Tano: Then you better hurry.
A Test of Strength [5.07]Edit
- The young are often underestimated.
- Hondo: What are you doing?
- Ahsoka Tano: Getting you off my ship.
Bound for Rescue [5.08]Edit
- When we rescue others, we rescue ourselves.
Hondo: I'm not as young as I once was, but now I am older!
A Necessary Bond [5.09]Edit
- Choose your enemies wisely, as they may be your last hope.
- General Grievous: Hondo.
- Hondo Ohnaka: General Grievous I presume. What a surprise. Have a seat. What may I ask is the honor?
- General Grievous: You can cease with the pleasantries, pirate! This planet [grabs Hondo by the shirt] is now under Separatist control.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Uh-uh and what do you suppose that means?
- General Grievous: It means you have a new master, pirate scum. [throws Hondo on the floor]
- Count Dooku: [via hologram] Hondo Ohnaka, we meet again. As I remember the last time we meet face to face I was your prisoner and you attempted to bargain me off to the highest bidder.
- Hondo Ohnaka: But can you blame me, I mean a Sith lord, what a handsome price you would of-
- Count Dooku: Silence. You are going to pay the price for your treachery.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Well I am a reasonably man, name the price. I'm sure we work something-
- Count Dooku: There will be payment, but no deal, only demands. Your entire arsenal will be melted down. Everything you own is now property of the Separatist Alliance.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Now you go too far, unacceptable! This is an outrage. [Grievous points to his bodyguards to contain Hondo] Now hold on we can make a deal. This is not good business!
Secret Weapons [5.10]Edit
- Humility is the only defense against humiliation.
- Mace Windu: You are our secret weapons.
A Sunny Day in the Void [5.11]Edit
- When all seems hopeless, a true hero gives hope.
Missing in Action [5.12]Edit
- A soldier's most powerful weapon is courage.
Point of No Return [5.13]Edit
- You must trust in others or success is impossible.
- One vision can have many interpretations.
- Pre-Vizsla: You're not Jedi, so what are you?
- Darth Maul: We are Sith.
- Pre-Vizsla: Do you serve Count Dooku?
- Darth Maul: I serve no one. [starts to stand up, but Bo-Katan points one of her blasters at Savage. After a brief pause, he lays back down]
- Pre-Vizsla: I thought there can only be two Sith: a master and an apprentice?
- Darth Maul: We are brothers, the true lords of the Sith!
- Pre-Vizsla: What happened to your ship?
- Darth Maul: Destroyed by Jedi.
- Pre-Vizsla: Do you know which Jedi?
- Darth Maul: (angrily) Kenobi.
Shades of Reason [5.15]Edit
- Alliances can stall true intentions.
- Darth Maul: (after crashing a Death Watch meeting) I challenge you, one warrior to another! And only the strongest shall rule Mandalore!
- Pre-Vizsla: (after seeing his men give him concerning looks) So be it. [to Bo-Katan] Give him his weapon. (Bo-Katan gives Maul his lightsaber, Pre-Vizsla ignites his) FOR MANDALORE!
- Pre-Vizsla: (before dying) like you said, only the strongest shall rule...
- [After Darth Maul kills Pre-Vizsla and takes his sword]
- Darth Maul: I claim this sword, and my rightful place as leader of Death Watch!
- Bo-Katan Kryze: Never! No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!
- Darth Maul: Hmm, if you will not join me, you will all die.
- [The Mandalorians turn on Bo-Katan and her followers]
- Bo-Katan Kryze: You're all traitors!
- Darth Maul: Unfortunately for you, history will not see it that way. Execute them!
The Lawless [5.16]Edit
- Morality separates heroes from villains.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, that's the last time I borrow a ship from you.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You can kill me, but you will never destroy me. It takes strength to resist the dark side. Only the weak embrace it.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: [after Maul kills Satine] Satine! [Maul sits back down on the throne]
- Duchess Satine Kryze: Remember, my dear Obi-Wan... I've loved you always. I always will. [dies in Obi-Wan's arms]
- Darth Maul: I sense a presence, a presence I haven't felt since... [realizes that Sidious is there] Master! [Darth Sidious enters the throne room, Force-choking the guards as he does. Maul walks up to him and kneels] Master.
- Darth Sidious: I am most impressed to see that you have survived your injuries.
- Darth Maul: I used your training, Master, and I have built all this in hopes of returning to your side. [Sidious takes note of Savage]
- Darth Sidious: Hmm, how unfortunate that you are attempting to deceive me.
- Darth Maul: [confused] Master?
- Darth Sidious: You have become a RIVAL! [Force pushes Maul and Savage into a wall, laughs and releases them, so all ignite their lightsabers and fight]
- Darth Maul: [Sidious impales Savage Opress with his lightsabers] Brother!
- [Sidious force pushes Opress away and Maul runs towards his wounded brother and holds his hand]
- Savage Opress: [mortally wounded as his body turns back to its normal state] Brother, I am an unworthy apprentice. I'm not like you. I never was. [dies. Maul looks stricken, then enraged as Sidious cackles behind him]
- Darth Sidious: [to Maul] Remember, the first and only reality of the Sith: There can only be two. And you are no longer my apprentice.[Maul looks in anger at him] You have been replaced.
- [Maul and Sidious continue fighting, with Sidious defeating him]
- Darth Maul: [Pleading] Have mercy, please, please!
- Darth Sidious: There is no mercy. [tortures Maul with Force Lightning] Do not worry, I'm not going to kill you. I have...other uses for you. [laughs as he continues torturing Maul]
- Sometimes even the smallest doubt can shake the greatest belief.
- Ahsoka Tano: Look out, incoming missiles!
- Anakin Skywalker: No problem. [Gets hit and fighter gets coated with buzz droids] Uh. . . slight problem. [The buzz droids unfold and flood his ship, trying to tear it apart] Ahsoka, I got buzz droids. How bad did you get hit?
- Ahsoka Tano: I'm all clear.
- Anakin Skywalker: What? You always have it easy, Snips.
- Anakin Skywalker: Just keep watching and learning, Padawan. [A buzz droid begins drilling through the floor of the ship] Uh-oh.
- Ahsoka Tano: You're trailing smoke. What's wrong?
- Anakin Skywalker: Oh, nothing serious. Just a small malfunction. Ugh! [Fighter gets electrocuted and Anakin is knocked unconscious]
The Jedi Who Knew Too Much [5.18]Edit
- Courage begins by trusting oneself.
- Anakin Skywalker: Delay that order, Commander Fox.
- Commander Fox: She's killed troopers.
- Captain Rex: I know Commander Tano. She would never do something like this.
- Commander Fox: Then who did?
- Anakin Skywalker: [To Commander Fox and Captain Rex] Quiet! [To Ahsoka] Ahsoka! It's me, Anakin. Stop running.
- Ahsoka Tano: You can't help me, Master. Someone's setting me up.
- Anakin Skywalker: I believe you, Ahsoka.
- Ahsoka Tano: But no one else will.
- Anakin Skywalker: Do not shoot to kill. Do not shoot to kill! Try to box her in, don't let her escape! Tell me what you see, Oddball.
- Oddball: [after catching Ahsoka] Not so fast, commander!
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, what are you doing?
- Ahsoka Tano: You didn't even try to come and help me.
- Anakin Skywalker: They wouldn't let me in to talk to you.
- Ahsoka Tano: You could have if you tried.
- Anakin Skywalker: How would that look, Ahsoka, huh? Forcing my way in would've make you look even more guilty.
- Ahsoka Tano: [almost tearfully] I'm not guilty!
- Anakin Skywalker: Then we have to prove you're innocent. The only way we can do that is by going back.
- Ahsoka Tano: I don't know who to trust.
- Anakin Skywalker: Listen, I would never let anyone hurt you, Ahsoka, never. But you need to come back and make your case to the Council.
- Ahsoka Tano: No. I am not going to take the fall for something I didn't do!
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I am ordering you to put down your lightsaber and come with me now! Trust me.
- Captain Rex: General Skywalker, where are you?
- Ahsoka Tano: I do trust you, but you know as well as I do that no one else will believe me. Anakin, you have to trust me now.
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, I do trust you.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know you do. Wish me luck. [jumps from the sewer to a ship heading down to the Underworld]
To Catch a Jedi [5.19]Edit
- Never become desperate enough to trust the untrustworthy.
- Clone Shock Trooper: BLAST COMMANDER TA-AAAUGH!! [is decapitated]
The Wrong Jedi [5.20]Edit
- Never give up hope, no matter how dark things seem.
- Temple Guard: Cease hostilities!
- Anakin Skywalker: You've already made your decision, haven't you?! This meeting is just a formality! [Obi-Wan sighs]
- Master Yoda: Reached a decision, we have, though not in total agreement, are we.
- Mace Windu: It is the Council's opinion that Padawan Ahsoka Tano has committed sedition against the Republic, and thus, she will be expelled from the Jedi Order. [Ahsoka looks up in shock]
- Anakin Skywalker: You can't do this! [tries to butt in, but is held back by two temple guards]
- Master Mundi: Your Padawan status will be stripped from you, and you shall forfeit all rank and privileges within the Grand Army of the Republic. You will be turned over to the Republic courts and whatever punishments they will set for you. [A guard snaps Ahsoka's padawan braid off her head as tears cloud her eyes] Henceforth, you are barred from the Jedi Order.
- Barriss Offee: I did it... because I've come to realize what many people in the Republic have come to realize: That the Jedi are the ones responsible for this war. That we've so lost our way that we have become villains in this conflict. That we are the ones that should be put on trial, ALL of us! And my attack on the Temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become: An army fighting for the dark side, fallen from the light that we once held so dear. This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time.
- Master Yoda: Back into the Order you may come.
- Anakin Skywalker: They're asking you back, Ahsoka. [Holds out Ahsoka's padawan braid to her] I'm asking you back. [Ahsoka looks from Anakin to the padawan braid and back again before closing Anakin's hand around the braid. Anakin looks hurt]
- Ahsoka Tano: I'm sorry, Master, but I'm not coming back. [leaves the temple. All the council members look hurt. Anakin walks out and goes after Ahsoka]
- Anakin Skywalker: Ahsoka, wait! Ahsoka, I need to talk to you. [Catches up to Ahsoka, who stops and turns to Anakin. Anakin sighs] Why are you doing this?
- Ahsoka Tano: The Council didn't trust me, so how can I trust myself?
- Anakin Skywalker: What about me? I believed in you. I stood by you.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know you believe in me, Anakin, and I'm grateful for that. But this isn't about you. I can't stay here any longer, not now.
- Anakin Skywalker: The Jedi Order is your life. You can't just throw it away like this! Ahsoka, you are making a mistake.
- Ahsoka Tano: Maybe, but I have to sort this out on my own, without the Council and without you.
- Anakin Skywalker: I understand. More than you realize, I understand wanting to walk away from the Order.
- Ahsoka Tano: I know. [She turns and Anakin watches her until she disappears down the steps of the Jedi Temple]