Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
2003 video game
- For other uses of "Star Wars", see Star Wars.
Please note that the Revan responses are variable, as the player is Revan, and chooses his or her responses.
- Revan:Death is such a small impediment.
- Bastila Shan:Malak is dead! All hail the return of Darth Revan, the true Lord of the Sith! [Dark Side ending]
- Bastila Shan: I saw your service records when you transferred aboard The Endar Spire, but nothing beyond that. I know very little about you. I'd like to ask you some questions, given our relationship.
- Revan: What do you want to know?
- Bastila Shan: What kind of background do you have.
- Revan: I was a scout with the fleet.
- Bastila Shan: On which planet were you born?
- Revan: Deralia. It's in a remote system in the Outer Rim.
- Bastila Shan: Your age is?
- Revan: I'm twenty, though my service record says twenty-five. Bastila, this isn't getting to know me better. What is going on?
- Bastila Shan: Yes, well---The truth is I was studying how you responded to my questions.
- Revan: And what did you find out?
- Bastila Shan You were honest, which is good. And you treated this as a serious matter, which it is. This bond we share will shape both our destinies; it is not to be taken lightly.
- HK 47: Affirmation: Correct, master. Sith protocols maintain that all knowledge be deleted before assassination missions, and restored upon return.
- Darth Malak: Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all of these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone.
- Darth Malak: [as he's brought to his knees by Revan's final blow] Im— [coughs] impossible. I... I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith...
- Revan: This is the way of the Dark Side, Malak — all things end in death.
- Malak: Still... still spouting the wisdom of the Jedi, I see. Maybe there is more truth in their code than I ever believed. I... I cannot help but wonder, Revan. What would have happened had our positions been reversed? What if fate had decreed I would be captured by the Jedi? Could I have returned to the Light, as you did? If you had not led me down the dark path in the first place, what destiny would I have found?
- Revan: I am sorry I started you on this path. But you chose to continue down it.
- Malak: I suppose... I suppose you speak the truth. I alone must accept responsibility for my fate. I wanted to be Master of the Sith and ruler of the galaxy. But that destiny was not mine, Revan. It might have been yours, perhaps... but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me... I am nothing. [dies]
Please note that the Exile's responses are variable, as the player is the Jedi Exile, and chooses his or her responses.
- The Jedi Exile: To teach, one must be willing to learn.
- Kreia: Enough! Step away from her!
- Master Vrook: Wha...?
- Kreia: Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance! You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!
- Master Kavar: I thought you had died in the Mandalorian Wars.
- Kreia: Died? No. Became stronger? Yes!
- Master Vrook: Is this your new master, Exile? If so then you follow Revan's path. Her teachings will cause you to fall as surely as he did.
- Master Zez-Kai Ell: We sought to lure the Sith out and now they have come to us.
- Kreia: As you would pass judgment on her, I have come to pass judgement on you all. Do you wish to feel the teachings born of the Mandalorian Wars, of all wars, of all tragedies that scream across the galaxy? Let me show you, you, who have forever seen the galaxy through the Force. See it through the eyes of the Exile.
- [As Talia and Vaklu fight in the Royal Palace throne room]
- Queen Talia: You would sacrifice everything just for your ambition, Vaklu. The Republic, Iziz- everything!
- General Vaklu: That is a gross simplification, Talia. Change is a painful process. A price must be paid. But Onderon will have a new destiny, one larger than you can imagine.