South African proverbs
Proverbs from South Africa.
- One does not cross a river without getting wet.
- As quoted in The Heartbeat of Indigenous Africa: A Study of the Chagga Educational System, by R. Sambuli Mosha, p. 144
- When the white man came to our country, he had the Bible and we had the land. The white man said to us, "Let us pray". After the prayer, the white man had the land, and we had the Bible.
- As quoted in Routledge Companion to Christianity in Africa (2015), by Gerald West and Elias Kifon Bongmba, Routledge. p. 141
- Encyclopedic article on South Africa at Wikipedia