2011 film directed by Sean McNamara
Soul Surfer is a 2011 American drama film based on the true story of surfer Bethany Hamilton who lost her arm to a shark attack when she was thirteen. The film narrates the events leading to this attack and its results.
When you come back from a loss, beat the odds, and never say never, you find a champion.
- I don't need easy, I just need possible.
- Surfing isn't the most important thing in life. Love is. I've had the chance to embrace more people with one arm than I ever
- Tom Hamilton: What is it that I'm not hearing?
- Cheri Hamilton: You can't just fix everything just by shear will.
- Tom Hamilton: If she gives up, she will never get back into the water and she will never be the same.
- Cheri Hamilton: She will never be the same, and if she thinks surfing is the only life out there and she can't make that happen then she's going to be lost, really really lost.
- Bethany Hamilton: Go ahead, tell me how everything's going to be okay.
- Tom Hamilton: Yea that's me Mr. jump-right-in-and-fix-it, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut for once.
- Bethany Hamilton: I'm done, aren't I? I can't even paddle out to the line up passed the big waves. I don't understand, what happened to... I can do all things. Why? Why did this happen? Why did I have to lose everything?
- Tom Hamilton: You didn't lose everything Bethany, not even close. That shark didn't kill you, you're here, you're alive, you have your family.
- Bethany Hamilton: But what am I suppose to do now?
- Tom Hamilton: I don't know...
- Bethany Hamilton: Then how am I suppose to know?
- Tom Hamilton: When the times right you'll know. You just have to listen.
- Bethany Hamilton: Listen for what?
- Tom Hamilton: For whatever comes next.
- AnnaSophia Robb as Bethany Hamilton
- Helen Hunt as Cheri Hamilton
- Dennis Quaid as Tom Hamilton
- Carrie Underwood as Sarah Hill
- Kevin Sorbo as Holt Blanchard
- Ross Thomas as Noah Hamilton
- Chris Brochu as Timmy Hamilton
- Lorraine Nicholson as Alana Blanchard
- Jeremy Sumpter as Byron Blanchard
- Sonia Balmores Chung as Malina Birch
- Craig T. Nelson as Dr. David Rovinsky
- Cody Gomes as Keoki
- Branscombe Richmond as Ben
- Arlene Newman-Van Asperen as Cydney Blanchard
- Nadeen Ayman as Jenny
- Tiffany Hofstetter as Rosemary
- Dutch Hofstetter, Jr. as Brandon
- Bailey Nagy as Olivia Jenner
- Leilani Gryde as Zoe Madsen
- Kristen Steiner as Kaila Kahani
- Bethany Hamilton as Herself (archive footage)
- Alana Blanchard as Herself (archive footage)