Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie
Sonic the Hedgehog (ソニック★ザ★ヘッジホッグ Sonikku za Hejjihoggu?) is a two-episode 1996 Japanese anime OVA series based on Sega's best-selling franchise Sonic the Hedgehog. The anime features Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman (Dr. Robotnik in the English release) and a few supporting characters, such as the human Sara. The series was licensed by ADV Films and was released on September 7, 1999 as a single direct-to-video film in North America as Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie. It was given the subtitle The Movie by ADV due to its now movie-like length by combining the 2 OVA parts together. The English dub was later released on DVD in North America on January 13, 2004, but ADV Films eventually lost the license to the OVA when they sold most of their assets to 4 successor companies.
Sonic the HedgehogEdit
Miles "Tails" ProwerEdit
Knuckles the EchidnaEdit
- Miles "Tails" Prower: Sonic, help me! Wake up, Sonic! Come on, help! Just help me, Wake Up Sonic!...
- Sonic the Hedgehog: SHUT UP, TAILS!
- Old Man Owl/The Caretaker: Oh, hi, Tails! Long time no see, I have urgent business with master Sonic and that's why I'm here today!
- Tails: You have more important things to worry about now. Your rocket's on fire!
- Old Man Owl: No wonder it's getting warm!
- The Caretaker: Oh right, it's a real emergency, you see the president... [laughs madly] Uh... the president... [Sonic and Tails do the anime fall]
- Sonic: He wants us to come to the presidential house right away!
- Caretaker: That's it, that's it, please hurry!
- Sonic: You know, it might have been easier to just call and tell us that.
- Caretaker: I could have done that too.
- Dr. Eggman/Robotnik: Do you think I'm capable of something that underhanded, me?
- Robots: YES!
- The President: Sonic, please listen to whatever Robotnik has to say.
- Sonic: Alright, give us the scoop, Robotnik.
- Eggman/Robotnik: Thank you, Sonic, I will. As you both well know, Planet Freedom is made up of 2 separate dimensions. The outer world, the one you live in, is known as the Land of the Sky.
- Sonic: [sarcastically] Tell us something we don't know.
- Dr. Eggman: [gets mad] SHUT UP! HEED ME! [continues] And the inner dimension is known as the Land of Darkness.
- Sonic: Someone tell me why I should trust Robotnik when 99 out of 100 times he's lying.
- Tails: But what if that is that other time?
- Eggman: I, Dr. Robotnik, scientist extraordinaire, have finally completed my greatest invention ever! I call it the Hyper Metal Sonic! Ahahaha! Sonic will never again be a pain in my egg!
- Sonic: [talking to Metal] You might know everything that I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you, since I know everything you're going to do! STRANGE, isn't it?!
- Knuckles the Echidna: [notices Tails' hands accidentally on Sarah's breasts after they crashed in the wall] Tails, get off!
- Tails: [lets go of Sarah's breasts] I'm so sorry!
- Knuckles: I'd never thought you'd stoop that low.
- Knuckles: Aaahhh! My hat's on fire! Help!
- Metal: There is only one Sonic...
- Robotnik: [After Black Eggman/Metal Robotnik is destroyed, and he and Sarah are emerging from the wreckage] Sonic better enjoy his victory now, because once he gets to Robotropolis, he'll have to fight something far more evil than Metal Robotnik!
- Sarah: [hits Robotnik in the head with a large steel pipe] What do you mean 'worse than Metal Robotnik', are you talking about yourself? You'd better keep you're hands off my Sonic or I'll never forgive you!
- Sarah: [after Metal Robotnik falls apart in Robotropolis] Ah, just where do you think you're putting you're hands?!
- Robotnik: No, I'm sorry, Sarah. Play nice! [just finished giving Sarah a wedding dress]
- Sarah: Robotnik, don't you think I look cute?
- Robotnik: Mmm, hmm it suits you very well.
- Sarah: Why did you give me a wedding dress?
- Robotnik: What do you mean? Once Metal has completely destroyed the land of the sky, we'll be the only ones left, then we can get married and live out the rest of our happy lives together, Sarah! [Sarah imagines if they were married]
- Singer: [singing] Rock a bye-Robot on the Eggman...
- Sarah: [grunts and growls] Are you crazy?! I wouldn't marry you if you were the last man on earth!
- Robotnik: [yelling at Tails after he hit Metal with the tornado] You're a perfect target for me now, fox! [presses a button in his ship which reveals 2 rockets, one designed like a tortoise, the other a hare, the hare one zooms at Tails, while the tortoise one slowly starts moving. After the Hare missile hits the Tornado] YES! Huh? Uh... Oh, no, another design failure. More important, what's happened to Sarah? [flies over everybody in his rocket laughing]
- Everyone: Oh, no.
- Robotnik: You're all fools! I still have all of Sonic's data here! Next time, I'll build an even stronger Metal (Sonic) that won't be handicapped by Sonic's personality and then I will take over the entire planet! [laughs] It must be very humbling to be in the presence of such a great scientific mind! [accidentally drops the disk with Sonic's personality, but the turtle missile he fired earlier catches it and prepares to explode] Hey, what are you doing? [the turtle explodes and destroying the disk while everybody laughs at his misfortune]
Cast and charactersEdit
- Sonic the Hedgehog, Voiced by Masami Kikuchi (Japanese); Martin Burke (English)
- Miles "Tails" Prower, Voiced by Hekiru Shiina (Japanese); Lainie Fraiser (English)
- Dr. Eggman/Robotnik, Voiced by Junpei Takiguchi (Japanese); Edwain Neal (English)
- Knuckles the Echidna, Voiced by Yasunori Matsumoto (Japanese); Bill Wise (English)
- Hyper "Metal" Sonic, Voiced by Masami Kikuchi (Japanese); Gary Dehan (English)
- Voiced by Mika Kanai (Japanese); Sascha Biesi (English)
- Voiced by Akimitsu Takase