Son of Kong
1933 American adventure monster film directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack
The Twelve Foot Ape Befriended them On the Island of King Kong! (taglines)
- Stick to me, kid, and you'll wear diamonds.
- Reporter: If I don't get a story I'll lose my job.
- Carl Denham: Alright, tell 'em this: Carl Denham, the boy who was gonna make a million dollars off King Kong, is flat broke.
- Helstrom: [sees Denham and Englehorn sitting in a Dakang bar] Carl Denham! Don't you remember me? Nils Helstrom.
- Carl Denham: Why, for the love of Mike. Helstrom! Sure I remember you! [indicates Englhorn] Oh, this is Captain Englehorn. Captain Helstrom.
- [Englehorn and Helstrom shake hands]
- Carl Denham: Sit down. [to Englehorn] Say, do you know who this is? The man who gave me the map of Kong's Island. And he wants to know if I remember him? [laughs] Have a drink.
- [pours Helstrom a drink]
- Helstrom: [to Englehorn] So, that was your ship came in last night?
- Englehorn: Mine and Denham's.
- Helstrom: [to Denham] I heard about you in Singapore. How you had captured the biggest animal on earth and taken him back to New York.
- Helstrom: Yeah, you're broke too.
- Carl Denham: Broke? [chuckles] I'm shattered.
- Red: [after hearing about the last trip to Kong's island] He expect us to go ashore?
- Helstrom: Sure. He's got to have a bodyguard, hasn't he? Say, you know there were a dozen sailors killed on the last voyage he made here?
- Red: Killed? By them animals?
- Helstrom: Yeah. But, you see Denham and the Skipper came out all right. Ah, but you don't have to worry. There are plenty of rifles aboard. If I were captain, I certainly wouldn't take my crew into danger.
- Carl Denham: If you want me to, I'll give Helstrom a tip that he's too thick with the crew.
- Englehorn: Go ahead. It's bad for discipline.
- Carl Denham: [sees Charlie leading a procession of the crew] Ha. We must be in Russia. Here comes the Committee of the Workers.
- Charlie: Captain Englehorn!
- Englehorn: Well?
- Charlie: Captain, I went down in the forward hold.
- Englehorn: What of it?
- Charlie: Captain, I found something!
- Englehorn: What's the matter? Found what?
- Carl Denham: [sees Charlie reach into the crowd of sailors and pull out Hilda, who was stowing away in the forward hold] Holy mackerel!
- Hilda: Tony, won't you please come down? Tony? Tony?
- Carl Denham: You'll never catch a monkey that way.
- Hilda: Did you ever catch a monkey?
- Carl Denham: Did I ever catch...? [dry chuckle] Lady, you'd be surprised.
- Carl Denham: Skipper, believe it or not, there's a little Kong!
- Englehorn: What? A little K -... How little?
- Carl Denham: Well, just a little one... about twelve feet high.
- The Twelve Foot Ape Befriended them On the Island of King Kong!
- SEE! The cannibals! The earthquake! The sea serpent! The fighting monsters of ages past!
- Laughs! Thrills! Pathos!