2010 film by Greg and Colin Strause
Skyline is a 2010 alien invasion science fiction film in which strange lights descend on the city of Los Angeles, drawing people outside like moths to a flame where an extraterrestrial force threatens to swallow the entire human population off the face of the Earth.
- Directed by the Brothers Strause. Written by Joshua Cordes and Liam O'Donnell.
Don't look up. (taglines)
- What are you doing, huh? Like it or not, this is happening. You gotta be strong.
- [about to blow himself up to destroy an alien tanker] Vaya con Dios, you son of a bitch!
- [their bedroom is shaking]
- Candice: [groggy] Earthquake?
- Terry: [half asleep] Probably just a tremor.
- Oliver: What the hell are you doing?
- Jarrod: We have to let them know we're here!
- Oliver: We'll let everything know we're here!
- Jarrod: Help is here! Don't you see? We need to go up to the roof and be rescued!
- Oliver: Does that look like a rescue chopper? Don't you get it? We are at war!
- Elaine: Jarrod, what are you doing?
- Jarrod: The only thing we can do. Making a run for it!
- Oliver: What's this really about?
- Jarrod: Those things are coming for us!
- Oliver: You think I haven't noticed that? You think I haven't noticed that mess under your shirt? The plan is we stay here and hold up... for good!
- Elaine: I agree!
- Jarrod: You're going to let him decide everything? Look around you! We have no power. No more running water.
- Elaine: Yeah, but you saw what is out there! We will not get 100 yards from this building!
- Jarrod: Yeah, and I would rather take a stupid chance out there trying to make a run for it then staying up here in a 20-story target! Between those things and the radiation, we are dead up here!
- Oliver: All right. Let's say we make it out of the building... across the marina, down the docks, we even find your friend's boat and everything. Then what?
- Jarrod: We get the hell away from here!
- Oliver: Where to? Catalina? Down the coast?
- Jarrod: Anywhere but here! Any place is better than staying here!
- Oliver: How do you know? How do you know those things will not follow us? How do you know this isn't happening all over the world? We're safe here. We're here! We're alive!
- [the group watches the helicopter take off after landing soldiers on the roof of the building next door]
- Candice: Where are they going?
- Jarrod: Those choppers are coming back for them. We have to go up to the roof and get rescued. We're gonna get out of here.
- Elaine: What if they don't come back? Look what happened to all those planes! What good is it trying to get away in a helicopter? We'll never make it with those things in the air!
- Jarrod: I don't care! We need to take a chance!
- Oliver: A chance? They just nuked a city! And you want to wave hello?
- Jarrod: I'm not kidding anymore, Oliver. You need to back off!
- Oliver: You're in no condition to decide anything and who knows what side you're on? If you go out there and try to run those things will see you and you'll be dead!
- Jarrod: [getting more belligerent] I told you to back off! Don't make me hurt you!
- Jarrod: Where we going?
- Oliver: All the way to the top is the safest place I can think of.
- Jarrod: We were just up there.
- Oliver: You want to stay the hell with them, be my guest.
- Elaine: What... What is it?
- Jarrod: They're not dead. They're just really, really pissed off.
- Oliver: Something's happening. We gotta cover those windows!
- Oliver: [to Jarrod] All right, I'll bite. What's your plan now, boss man? Because I'm dying for you to tell me. [pause] What? Nothing to say?
- Jarrod: We're sitting on the marina for Christ's sake!
- Oliver: I've noticed it.
- Jarrod: They're hundreds of boats at the docks...
- Candice: We've been through all this!
- Oliver: Remind us how that worked out last time.
- Jarrod: [trying to think] Well... uh... we... we'll go quietly this time. We wait until... uh... it gets a little quiet then we'll go down the back stairs and uh...
- Oliver: We tiptoe to the marina... on foot in broad daylight with little cover and just search every boat until we find the right one with the key? Great plan!
- Elaine: [to Jarrod] I can't believe you're even suggesting this after what happened!
- Jarrod: What are you saying? What... are you saying that Terry's death was my fault? Are you blaming me for what happened?
- Elaine: I was practically begging you not to go, but you and Terry wouldn't listen to me!
- Jarrod: And if I had, do you really think Terry would have listened to me? Huh?
- Jarrod: Elaine, please, just get outta here.
- Elaine: I'm not going anywhere without you.
- Don't look up.
- Soon, our first encounter will become our last stand.
- If you think you can hide...if you think you can resist...if you think you can survive...You haven't seen the light
- Eric Balfour - Jarrod
- Scottie Thompson - Elaine
- Brittany Daniel - Candice
- Crystal Reed - Denise
- Neil Hopkins - Ray
- David Zayas - Oliver
- Donald Faison - Terry
- Tanya Newbould - Jen
- J. Paul Boehmer - Colin
- Skyline quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Skyline at Mojo
- Skyline at Rotten Tomatoes