Irish singer, musician, songwriter; known from Banarama and Shakespears Sister
- I carry on in my own narrow little tunnel and we have very different experiences of life even though we live together.
- I have this massive love for the whole culture of pop music … It has probably been the biggest relationship in my life. It's my fascination, my on-going passion. … I really, really love music. I'm affected by it and uplifted by it, and made to laugh and cry, and almost fall in love with the person who has made me feel so brilliant and communicated so profoundly to me.
Hormonally Yours (1992)Edit
- If this world is wearing thin
And you're thinking of escape
I'll go anywhere with you
Just wrap me up in chains
But if you try to go alone
Don't think I'll understand
(Stay) Stay with me
- You'd better hope and pray
That you make it safe back to your own world
You'd better hope and pray
That you'll wake one day in your own world
Because when you sleep at night
They don't hear your cries in your own world
Only time will tell
If you can break the spell back in your own world.
G3 interview (2002)Edit
- It's time that glamour came back, everything has got a little bit beige in the last two years, I say bring back black!
- Music bypasses the intellect, it makes you laugh, makes you cry, makes you want to dance, makes you want to have sex.
- I've always tried not to take it too seriously — if you do, you dry up creatively, you turn into a product and it stymies you.
- Believe in yourself as ever, and your own tastes and ideas, and stay true to them, or you'll fuck your head up and end up hating what you do.
- We were written off from day one. Nobody believed in us but us. We kept having hits despite the record company, despite the press.
- On Bananarama
- I love digging out old records … Fashion goes round in circles.