British politician (born 1956)
Sheryll Murray (born 4 February 1956) is a Conservative Party politician. She was first elected as the Member of Parliament (MP) for South East Cornwall at the 2010 general election.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This woman article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Social media is becoming, amongst a certain group of people, a tool to use against MPs and Government. One of the things people don’t understand when they try to engage with me on social media, is when you’re an MP every communication is confidential.
- Said in an interview with the Cornish Times. General election interviews: Sheryll Murray (6 June 2017)
- I have lost confidence in the Brexit policy of the Prime Minister and have therefore written to the Chairman of the 1922 Committee asking for a vote to take place over her Leadership.
- Said in a tweet in November 2018
- We could lead the world in environmentally-responsible exploitation of vital seabed minerals. We have the engineers, the marine scientists, the ecologists, the finance industry. We have the offshore oil and gas expertise. We have high, respected environmental standards ... A little push now means vast rewards in a few years’ time.
- Written in an article on PoliticsHome. Sheryll Murray MP: If we want clean energy we need the raw materials (20 February 2019)
- I am very happy to stand again and look at the area where people stood thousands of years ago. I congratulate those who made this excavation. It is a great work
- Said on a visit to Göbekli Tepe, an ancient temple in Turkey. UK MPs hailed preservation of historic sites in Turkey (6 August 2019)