Canadian Spoken Word Poet
Sheri-D Wilson (born 3 March 1958) is a Canadian Poet, Educator, Speaker, Producer and Activist who lives in Calgary, Alberta.
"On Being a Poet"
Relationships are good
for at least two poems—
One at the beginning
and one at the end.
- I want to love the daylights out of you.
Autopsy of a Turvy World (2008)Edit
- I scrawled Song Birds across the blue
stuck the sticky note to my wall.
Needed to remember
there was a time people cut out
the tongues of Song Birds
to eat them as delicacies.
That afternoon I went outside
and thousands of Song Birds
filled the Rosscarrock sky.
I cried a song of remorse.
- "Autopsy of a Turvy World"
Goddess Gone Fishing for a Map of the Universe (2012)Edit
- I would crush a priceless pearl
and drink it,
to stay in this moment
for all time.
- "Gypsy Madonna from Florence on the Opening Night of Lorca"
- It was as though the lifeline on her palm
had fallen between the cracks
of the impossible and the arbitrary.
- "In Search of a Metaphysical Rock Star"
- Inverted heart,
becomes the testicles
of a man.
- How do I love thee?
Let me count the days.
If there are 50 ways to leave your lover
then there are 50 ways to be left.
- Did you know orchids
employ trickery to attract insects?
They spray a deceptive scent
resembling insect pheromones.
Bad flower! Bad flower!
Liar! Liar! Petals on fire!
Open Letter: Woman Against Violence Against Women (2014)Edit
- Trigger Warning!
Rape is a rape is a rape.
- "Exhibit G - Hidden in Plain Sight"