Sharon Stone (born March 10, 1958) is an American actress, model and producer.
- My father has always been supportive of my individuality.
- Interviewed by Barbara Walters (September 1993).
- An individual who isn't worth the ink it would take to write about him.
- About Steven Seagal, cited in "Sharon Stone tells all and then some" Salon
- It's traumatizing for me to come to Washington during a Republican administration because I don't have any Republican clothes.
- The Washington Post (June 20, 2001)
- After we shot Basic Instinct, I got called in to see it. Not on my own with the director, as one would anticipate, given the situation that has given us all pause, so to speak, but with a room full of agents and lawyers, most of whom had nothing to do with the project. That was how I saw my vagina-shot for the first time, long after I'd been told "We can't see anything—I just need you to remove your panties, as the white is reflecting the light, so we know you have panties on." Yes, there have been many points of view on this topic, but since I'm the one with the vagina in question, let me say: the other points of view are bullshit.
Now, here is the issue, it didn't matter anymore. It was me and my parts up there. I had decisions to make. I went to the projection booth, slapped Paul across the face, left, went to my car, and called my lawyer, Marty Singer [who said she could gain an injunction against the release of the film with the shot] ... I choose to allow this scene in the film. Why? Because it was correct for the film and for the character; and because, after all, I did it.
- The Beauty of Living Twice London: Allen & Unwin, 2021, p. 83–85
- "Sharon is lying", director Paul Verhoven told ICON magazine in 2017 (previous quotes from Stone on the incident are cited). "Any actress knows what she’s going to see if you ask her to take off her underwear and point there with the camera."
About Sharon StoneEdit
- Who is the most unfortunate actress in Hollywood?
There are many contenders for the role.
Reading, however, about Sharon Stone, you just think: woah — never has someone been so sucked in, chewed up and spat out by a bunch of grasping, evil men.
She recently explained how she lost custody of her son because of that famous scene in Basic Instinct. The judge asked Roan, then very young: "Do you know your mother makes sex movies?" She was admitted to hospital with a prolapsed heart valve after he was taken from her: "It literally broke my heart," she said. ...
I don’t pretend that Stone is perfect — any woman over the age of 16 knows where the instruction "Take your knickers off" can lead. But how Hollywood treats women is repulsive — it will take anything that is beautiful, funny and talented and turn it into a broken, tarnished mess. It will beg you to play up and play sexy and take your clothes off, and then punish you just for following orders.
Did the judge enjoy his viewing of Basic Instinct? I bet he did.
- Camilla Long "If Stanley Johnson ‘deserves’ to be a knight, maybe it’s time to scrap the whole system" The Sunday Times (12 March 2023)
- Sharon Stone at IMDb
- Sharon Stone News, video and photos.