Indian musical trio
- Loy Mendonsa: Ehsaan gets very upset if it sounds remotely like anything else. Then he'll get sleepless nights. Then next morning we'll see him with dark circles
- Loy Mendonsa: Technology has changed a lot and has made copying easier. People are not morally hassled by it any more. Morality has changed.
- Shankar Mahadevan: We come from different musical backgrounds. It's our USP too. We work more like a band rather than just composers. All our compositions come out during jam sessions. I am sure we will never spilt because we understand and respect each other's creativity.
- Loy Mendonsa: I'm often asked how we function within a trio. I tell them you must try sitting on a two-legged chair.
- Ehsaan Noorani: (on R.D. Burman) He thought light years ahead of everyone else. He was very global in what he did. Even with limited technology and media coverage, RD did exemplary work.
- Shankar Mahadevan: There is a very thick line between being repetitive and having your own sound. You can always re-invent yourself - think about the sounds you are using. I don't see any reason why you have to be repetitive if you have enough knowledge, enough exposure.
- Shankar Mahadevan: Classical music is a great advantage you have. Be it during composing or arranging, classical music is like grammar.
- I could not take up Dil Chahta Hai. Also, Bunty Aur Babli. But I am glad that Shankar Ehsaan and Loy were able to shine in these films. I love their work in these films.
- Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy are doing some nice songs.
- I am a huge fan of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy ever since I 'discovered' their music in Dil Chahta Hai. Ever since, every track of theirs was a masterpiece for me, be it Salaam-E-Ishq, Kal Ho Na Ho, Lakshya.
- Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy have been great inspiration for us.