German racing driver
Sebastian Vettel (born 3 July 1987) is a German race car driver who drove in Formula One from 2007 to 2022. In 2010 he came first in the drivers championship. He holds a few records in F1, he's the youngest one to take points, to take pole and to win and he became the youngest double world champion in Suzuka 2011.
- The chequered flag is really just a stupid wooden stick and a piece of cloth. It's a small thing, but it means so much when you cross the line at moments like that. It was unbelievable.
- After his 4th position in China 2007.
- It will take time for this to sink in. It was my dream to one day drive a Formula One car and even if my target now has been to fight for poles and race wins, I didn’t expect it today and it feels fantastic. Doing it here in Italy is also amazing.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/9/8379.html September 13, 2008
- After his first pole.
- The lap back to the pits and the whole podium ceremony was just unbelievable. I think for sure this is the best day of my life. These pictures, these emotions, I will never forget. It is unbelievable. It is so much greater than you might think it is. It is great. Again, I can just say a big, big thank you to all the guys working in the team. I think they did a fantastic job. Who might have thought about that at the beginning of the season. We had a poor start but then it got better and better and in these conditions we can make a bit of a gap by staying longer on full throttle. It is great, fantastic. I am speechless.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/9/8387.html FIA post-race press conference, September 14, 2008.
- After his maiden win at Monza.
- At the first test I really started to go through a couple of names and I like the name Liz and Luscious Liz fits quite well, I think. It’s an attractive car, it’s quick and successful. But the main attribute naturally should be that she’s bloody quick.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2010/3/10504.html Interview, March 11, 2010.
- About naming the RB6.
- The three Michaels - Michael Schumacher, Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson. I wanted to become Michael Jackson when I was young. It was painful to realise that I didn’t have the voice…
- http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2010/3/10542.html Interview, March 17, 2010.
- About his childhood heroes.
- My new car's called ‘Randy Mandy’, which we decided on this morning. We all liked the name immediately - a good sign I guess, but no, it’s not actually named after a real girl.
- http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Article/Vettel%E2%80%99s-Diary,-Turkey-Thursday--Meet-Randy-Mandy-021242853776914 May 27, 2010.
- New chassi = new name.
- Yeah, I’m not afraid of him. As far as I remember, he fell off a bike a couple of years ago or last year, so his leg is still a bit unstable, so I can always run away, plus I’m younger, so there are good chances for me.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/5/10789.html May 15, 2010.
- Seb's answer to a question about his fears for his team-mate Mark Webber.
- Germany will clearly win the match as Australia is the weakest team in our group, so winning should be imperative, even though Mark (Webber) has a different opinion on that. But as we know, the both of us have lately had some different opinions on things anyway.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2010/6/10886.html June 10, 2010.
- Well, I think as far as I understood if you said to Red Bull I think we are still selling cans, so not much has happened in that regard.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/7/11046.html July, 22 2010.
- The situation in Red Bull.
- It’s all different. He’s Australian, I’m German. He has car number six, I have car number five, so I think there’s lots of stuff for you to write again.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/7/11062.html July 24, 2010.
- About the difference between him and Mark Webber.
- I can only say that Red Bull gives you wings. It’s as simple as that.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2010/7/11107.html July 31, 2010.
- About the astonishing qualifying pace of the Red Bulls on Hungaroring.
- We have a saying - I don’t know if it makes any sense in English - but where I come from we say ‘if the dog wouldn’t have gone for a shit, he would have got the cat’ which is basically would, could, should.
- http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/8/11161.html August 26, 2010.
- I was one time in Mauritius on holiday and Michael Schumacher came to me. He said 'Gerhard, you have to look. There is this guy in go-karts, the name is Vettel.' I said 'Who?' 'Vettel, he is very quick.' And that was many years ago.
- Gerhard Berger, former Toro Rosso owner. http://www.espn.co.uk/formula1/sport/story/17810.html
- You have to pinch yourself to remember how young he is, to be honest, because in the way he presents himself, the way he drives the car and then tells you about the car in his feedback in the debriefs and so forth, he has a much older pair of shoulders on him than is apparent.
- If I could design a superstar, the result would be Sebastian Vettel. He's just what F1 needs - young, supertalented, intelligent, but with no trace of arrogance. And he's popular with the public and good with the media.
- http://www.sebastianvettel.de/e-index.html - official homepage
- http://www.sebastian-vettel.org/ - fan club
- http://www.formula1.com/default.html - Formula One official page
- http://www.redbullracing.com/ - Red Bull Racing