Scrooge (1951 film)
1951 film by Brian Desmond Hurst
- Directed by Brian Desmond Hurst. Written by Noel Langley, based on A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
The Holiday Picture of All Time! Charles Dickens' Joyous Classic! (taglines)
- Bob Cratchit: Mr. Scrooge?
- Ebenezer Scrooge: I'm busy.
- Bob Cratchit: Well, it's about Mr. Marley, sir! He's dying!
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Well, what do you want me to do about it? If he's dying, he's dying.
- Jacob Marley: Look to see me no more. But look here, that you may remember for your own sake what has passed between us!
- Ebenezer Scrooge: Why do they lament?
- Jacob Marley: They seek to interfere for good in human matters, and have lost their power forever.
- The Holiday Picture of All Time! Charles Dickens' Joyous Classic!
- Alastair Sim — Ebenezer Scrooge
- Kathleen Harrison — Mrs. Dilber
- Mervyn Johns — Bob Cratchit
- Hermione Baddeley — Mrs. Cratchit
- Michael Hordern — Jacob Marley's Ghost
- George Cole — Young Ebenezer Scrooge
- Glyn Dearman — Tiny Tim
- John Charlesworth — Peter Cratchit
- Michael J. Dolan — the Ghost of Christmas Past
- Francis de Wolff — the Ghost of Christmas Present
- Czesław Konarski — the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come