Scared to Death
1947 film by Christy Cabanne
Scared to Death is a 1947 film about a dead young woman who tells the bizarre tale of how she got there, through a maze of murder involving a hypnotist, a midget and a mysterious figure in a green mask.
A thrilling mystery of a supernatural killer! (taglines)
- My little friend Indigo is deaf and dumb, he cannot hear and he cannot speak, but reads the lips. And I will advise you to say nothing to annoy him, for his temper is as short as he is.
- There is an air of inquiry about you that immediately offends my deepest nature! Something suggesting Scotland Yard, the French Sécurité, the Italian Carabinieri, the Turkish Polizi, and other minions of the law!
- It is my peculiar misfortune to always be in a position to where I may eavesdrop.
- Has no one arranged to silence you yet, Mr. Lee? What a pity.
- Autopsy Surgeon: She was a very beautiful girl. One hates to perform an autopsy on a beautiful girl.
- Terry Lee: Pardon me, Professor, but didn't I just see you outside baying at the moon?
- Dr. Joseph Van Ee: So it is you, Leonide. I was warned you might appear, like one of you own illusions out of nowhere.
- Bill Raymond: There were screams inside! You gotta admit that it's in the longitude of my profession to make with an investigatory reaction there to- What am I saying?
- Lili Beth: Yes sir, but I really should announce you.
- Leonide: My dear girl, if I allowed myself to be announced, I doubt I would be received anywhere.
- Mrs. Williams: I did not mean to imply that there were any abnormal goings-on here.
- Dr. Joseph Van Ee: I assure you, Mrs. Williams, that there is not, nor will there be.
- Mrs. Williams: Nevertheless doctor, the way you were described to me, and the way your place was described to me, I am certain that I am in the right place!
- Bill Raymond: Ms Lilybeth, have you a little more coffee in the kitchen?
- Lili Beth: What happened to the three gallons I already gave you today?
- Leonide: It is a pleasure to meet one of my youthful admirers.
- Terry Lee: Terry Lee of the Central City Times.
- Leonide: The press? Well, it's nice to have known you.
- A thrilling mystery of a supernatural killer!
- Bela Lugosi — Prof. Leonide
- George Zucco — Dr. Joseph Van Ee
- Nat Pendleton — Bill Raymond
- Molly Lamont — Laura Van Ee / Laurette La Valle
- Joyce Compton — Jane Cornell
- Gladys Blake — Lilybeth
- Roland Varno — Ward Van Ee
- Douglas Fowley — Terry Lee
- Stanley Andrews — Pathologist
- Angelo Rossitto — Indigo
- Lee Bennett — Rene
- Stanley Price — Autopsy Surgeon