American lyricist, songwriter, musician
- It seems to me I've heard that song before.
It's from an old familiar score.
I know it well, that melody.
- I've Heard that Song Before (1942)
- Till you're walking beside me, I'll walk alone.
- I'll walk alone (1944)
- I fall in love too terribly hard
For love to ever last.
- I Fall in Love Too Easily (1944)
- Three coins in a fountain
Each one seeking happiness
Thrown by three hopeful lovers
Which one will the fountain bless?
- Three Coins in a Fountain (1954)
- When somebody loves you
It's no good unless he loves you - all the way
Happy to be near you
When you need someone to cheer you - all the way.
- All the Way (1957)
- Just what makes that little old ant
Think he’ll move that rubber tree plant?
Anyone knows an ant, can’t
Move a rubber tree plant.
But he’s got high hopes, he’s got high hopes
He’s got high apple pie, in the sky hopes.
- High Hopes (1959)
- Call me irresponsible
Yes, I'm unreliable
But it's undeniably true
That I'm irresponsibly mad for you.
- Call me Irresponsible (1963)