Sambit Patra (born 13 December 1974) is one of the official spokespersons of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Patra is a surgeon and a former medical officer at the Hindu Rao Hospital. He is one of the non-official directors on the board of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) since 28 October 2017.
- Country knows...if there is a Prime Minister without the Gandhi family, then he is merely a shadow Prime Minister, a puppet Prime Minister with the strings lying with the 10 Janpath. In such a scenario, the country knew Singh's strings were lying with 10 Janpath.
- Alleging that Manmohan Singh was controlled by Sonia Gandhi who lived at 10 Janpath, as quoted in "BJP brands Manmohan Singh as puppet, accuses him of lying with a straight face", India Today (27 March 2015)
- Rahul Gandhi wears a janeu (sacred thread). We want to ask him - he is going to Ujjain - what kind of 'Jenau Dhari' are you? What is your gotra?
- Inquiring about Rahul Gandhi's gotra, as quoted in "What's Your Gotra," Asks Sambit Patra On Rahul Gandhi's Mahakaleshwar Temple Visit", NDTV (29 October 2018)
- We are fighting not with our names; we are fighting with the name of our supreme leader Narendra Modi.
- While campaigning for his candidature in the 2019 Indian general election, as quoted in "Sambit Patra Calls PM Modi "Supreme Leader", Twitter Reacts", NDTV (10 April 2019)
- In many states, the rate of rape has come down because the prime minister gave women ‘izzatghar’ (toilet).
- On the toilet-building campaign, as quoted in "Rate of rape down in many States after PM Modi’s emphasis on building toilets in villages: Sambit Patra". The Hindu. 05 June 2022.
On Sambit Patra edit
- I asked Patra to recite one Chaupai of the Ramayana. He doesn’t even know one single word from Ramayana but I have the Sundar Kand (fifth book of the epic) on my fingertips. Does that mean I should ask Sambit Patra to go to Pakistan? No. But whenever I talk about economic issues, he starts shouting Pakistan and Imran Khan.
- Gourav Vallabh, Indian National Congress spokesperson, as quoted in "Behind Sambit Patra’s struggle with trillion’s zeroes, a Congressman who was XLRI professor". The Print. 15 September 2019.