American television sitcom
Samantha Who? (2007-) is an American sitcom created by Cecilia Ahern and Donald Todd, about a woman who suffers from amnesia after a car accident. After that she is forced to find out who she really is.
- Todd: Okay uh...you love Elvis Costello, you hate opera, you uh take gummie bear vitamins because you can't swallow pills, and you always sneeze three times in a row, and you never leave any blankets because you you know, ball them up in your hands when you sleep like a little girl.
- Samantha: You made me who I am
- Regina: That´s a terrible thing to say
The Job [1.2]Edit
- Samantha: So I said 'For Heaven's sake, girlie, have a piece of cake! Have two! What, is it going to kill you? It's only cake!'
- Andrea: [as secretary nervously puts a fork full of cake into her mouth in the background] She's diabetic you know.
- Samantha: Oh, for Heaven's sake! Honey, no, no. Spit! SPIT!
The Wedding [1.3]Edit
- Samantha: (making a wedding toast) Marriage. What is marriage? Let's break it down. Mare from the Latin, meaning sea. And edge, the edge of the sea. It's like sailing. It's like sailing over the edge of the sea, into uncharted waters. Right? You're all sailing folk. It's a new beginning. And, you know what, who among us doesn't need a new beginning? Or forgiveness. I'm getting it. Shouldn't everybody else? No matter what they've done. Whatever mistakes or indescretions or acts of just downright betrayal. As long as they just promise never to do it again.
The Virgin [1.4]Edit
- Samantha: You don't realise until you lose it, but your memory is everything you are. Without it, you're a blank slate. Reborn without points of reference, experiences, even opinions. A child looking at the world with new eyes. The only problem is, you're still an adult.
The Restraining Order [1.5]Edit
- Samantha: So, like I was saying, you learn a new thing every day. Today I learned that you never know how one thing will affect another. If I hadn't run into Nathan, I never would have gotten closer with my dad. Hm. I betNathan would find that interesting. I should call him.
- Samantha: The thing about amnesia is that you learn something new every day. Like just last week I learned that it's really a bad idea to sit behind me on a rollercoaster. So anyway a couple of days ago I was trying to learn my favorite ice cream.
The Hypnotherapist Expert [1.6]Edit
- Samantha': The road to independence takes time but no matter where you come from, or where you're headed, the journey's always better when you get to turn to someone and say, "thanks for being here"
- Samantha: Okay, so maybe I'm not ready to be completely independent just yet. I mean, I'm having to catch up on three decades of my life here. Cut me some slack. Look, I know I don't have to remember it all right now. And, I guess, that sometimes I forget that figuring out who I am is hard on everyone. We're all trying our best, and we're going to make mistakes. We have to go easy on each other.
The Hockey Date [1.7]Edit
- Samantha: Remember I asked how you can be yourself when you don't know who you are? Well I do know who I am. I'm someone who happens to have amnesia. And that's fine. Because every day with me is an adventure. And if someone wants to take that ride like Karen Allen did with Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark...Oh wait, okay, ask me my favorite movie, go ahead.
The Car [1.8]Edit
- Samantha': The amnesia only affected my memory. It did not affect my driving skills.
- Howard: You know what your driving skills have got me in the past? Two busted garage doors and the death of a squirrel that was like a pet to me.
The Break-Up [1.9]Edit
- Samantha: (closing voice over) So love really is a battlefield. I learn that from another prophet on that CD at Andrea's. The difference is, in battle you're supposed to shoot all your ammo at once and alienate the other side; in love sometimes you just got to hold your fire a little and see what happens. Maybe the key to survival in love and war is balance.
The Girlfriend [1.10]Edit
- Samantha: (opening voice over) A little science lesson, listen up and you can have a snack. One type of memory is motor memory... or muscle memory. It's how even an amnesiac can still work a toothbrush, dial a phone; or even skip a rope. Then there's something called emotional memory, things your body just knows, like don't touch fire. Or... I really like this guy.
The Boss [1.11]Edit
- Samantha: (on the phone in the elevator with everyone listening) Hi Todd, it's me again. You know, in some countries it's actually considered rude to ignore messages after someone has left 20 or 30 of them. Maybe not as rude as pretending you and I had sex to get rid of your girlfriend, but close.
The Butterflies [1.12]Edit
- Samantha': I was reading an article the other day, by which I mean I was watching tv, and it said that happiness comes from realizing which things in life you just can't control and then controlling them, even if it kills you. That might not have been the lesson. I was flipping around.
The Gallery Show [1.13]Edit
- Samantha: Signals are like art. The meaning can be interpreted in countless ways, like that statue of a giant clothespin. Actually, no one knows what that one means. But sometimes, the signal is nothing like art. Its meaning is crystal clear.
The Affair [1.14]Edit
- Samantha: (end voiceover) You know that thing about touching the plate after the waiter tells you it's hot? The most exciting time is that moment right before you touch it. After that, you're just an idiot sitting in a restaurant with a burnt finger. The truth is, as one who's had my share of meals, it's a lot more fun when you're not in pain.
- Samantha: (beginning voiceover) You know how, when a waiter tells you not to touch your plate because it's hot, you immediately have to touch it. I mean, I guess there's a part of you that wants to see how hot the plate really is but maybe you touch it because, inside, you just want to do something wrong.
The Birthday [1.15]Edit
- Samantha: (voiceover) When they write the book of my life, what section will I be in? Mystery? Horror? Romance? Or just misfiled and jammed in the back under military history?