Political party of India
Samajwadi Party (SP ; translation: Socialist Party, founded 4 October 1992) is a political party in India headquartered in New Delhi. Based in Uttar Pradesh, it describes itself as being democratic socialist.
Quotes about the PartyEdit
- Homosexuality is unethical and immoral, it is against the culture of the country and we will fight it.
- Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav . "Homosexuality Is Unethical And Immoral: Samajwadi Party". News 18. 12 December 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2017. 
- I had joined the party in presence of all major Samajwadi Party leaders, including Mulayam Singh Yadav. So this joke is really sad.
- Shahid Siddiqui after he was expelled from the Samajwadi Party due to the interview with Narendra Modi.  The Times Of India. 30 July 2012.
- Shahid Siddiqui, the editor of Urdu daily, Nai Duniya, faced severe attack and abuse for simply doing an interview with Modi in which Modi defends himself against various charges leveled against his government. Siddiqui had asked him all the stereotypical questions hurled by anti-Modi groups and was in no way soft towards Modi. Yet, he was vilified for simply allowing Modi newspaper space to state his version, so much so that he was expelled from Samajwadi Party. It is not surprising that Siddiqui fell in line within no time and began mouthing anti-Modi rhetoric. What kind of journalism do the self-appointed defenders of minority rights want to promote in India that does not give a journalist the right to interview a thrice-elected chief minister simply because the Congress and the Left parties feel threatened by him?
- About Shahid Siddiqui who was expelled from the Samajwadi Party due to the interview with Narendra Modi.
- Madhu Purnima Kishwar: Modi, Muslims and Media. Voices from Narendra Modi’s Gujarat, Manushi Publications, Delhi 2014.