Salman bin Fahd bin Abdullah Al-Ouda or Salman al-Ouda, Salman al-Oadah, Salman Al-Audah, or Salman Al-Awdah -alias Abu Mu'ad (أبو معاذ)- (born 1955 or 1956) is a Saudi cleric or Sheikh and Muslim scholar. Al-Ouda is a member of the International Union for Muslim Scholars and on its Board of Trustees. He is a director of the Arabic edition of the website Islam Today and appears on a number of TV shows and authors newspaper articles.
My Enemies, I Thank You (كتاب شكرا أيها الأعداء)Edit
- Experience taught me that it is wise to be patient and forbearing with opponents and to use the divine cure of repeling with what is best (then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.) Quran 41:34
- It is not wise to think of people as either friends or enemies as if you were the center of the universe; many are not aware of your existence!
- I am grateful to some pens that are as sharp as a sword edge; they taught me how to go on calmly and smiling.
- It is regrettable to spend one's life in a battle that ends with no victory nor defeat, to consume it in another battle that ends with a defeat, and in a third that ends with his victory over his brother.
- My enemies, I thank you! You are who trained me to be patient, to respond to the evil with the good and to overlook.