Salman Khan (Marathi: सलमान खान (Devanagari)) (pronunciation : [səlˈmaːn ˈxaːn]; born Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan on 27 December 1965) is one of the biggest and most successful Indian film actors. He has been active for last 29 years (1988-present).
Quotes By SalmanEdit
- The only person I have hurt is me.
- In life go straight and turn right.
- A lion runs to the fastest when he is hungry.But nomatter how the economy is of the country he can never eat grass.
- The older you get, the better you have to look, the higher you have to kick, the harder you have to work.
- For me acting, comes straight from the heart. In that sense I don't act at all. I think that to feel the character's pain I have to be myself. Somewhere audiences see that.
- [On his childhood problems and his father's second marriage to Helen] It was very difficult in the beginning, when everybody was talking about it. My mother just couldn't take it. It hurt her terribly. She used to worry all the time, go in to depression frequently. When she cried, we children used to cry with her
- In life go straight and turn right.
- Why should I marry? One marries to have children, but I already have children! My nieces and nephews are my children. I wanted to marry to make babies, but now I have them, so marriage isn't that important, is it?
- [When asked about the best actresses from the current crop] There's Rani, then there's Preity, Based on work, Aishwarya... Priyanka is very good... Then there are the new girls like Lara and Katrina. [When asked his favorite and the best out the lot] As an actor? Rani Mukerji. [Smiles]
- I can get caught in many things but there is one thing I will never get caught in, and that is acting - because I don't act. On screen I am like I am in real life.
- I'm not possessive, I'm caring... Once you realize a person doesn't want that much care, you automatically back off.
- Sometimes it happens with me that I start laughing and just can't stop.
- I never avoided the media. Truly, speaking I don’t have any grudges. See, I am ready to give all the answers. Actually, I have changed. There was a time, when I would show my annoyance but every action is guided by a reason. The media annoyed me. I still feel there are certain questions, which are personal, which only my parents or maybe the ones who are really close to me have the right to ask.
- I still don’t have any real interest in painting. I haven’t spoken about it either. I paint for my foundation.. to sell my work for charity. I can’t ask anyone to support or praise my paintings. I’m not a beggar. Tomorrow even if I have nothing at all, I’ll do something or the other, but I won’t beg. 
- [When asked about his film release on Eid or Diwali] The best time to release a film is on a festive date like Divali or Eid, or at a time when there are no big films three to four weeks before or after. 
Salman On ActorsEdit
- On Aamir Khan
- I love Aamir because he is very transparent.
- On Shah Rukh Khan
- [When asked if he missed him] Shah Rukh is not my girlfriend that I should remember him. When I don’t remember my past girlfriends, what will I remember Shah Rukh for?
- I hate people who come and badmouth Shah Rukh in front of me simply because Shah Rukh and I are not on talking terms. I can understand if Shah Rukh talks ill of me or if I talk ill of him, but I can’t take it if somebody else talks ill of him to win my favour. Not done!
Salman On ActressesEdit
- On Rani Mukerji
- I have known Rani for a long time. She is a fantastic actress. She is one of the amazing girls in the industry.
- She knows who she is and what she can do. After a long time Bollywood has got an actress like Rani. She is naughty, masti khor and a wonderful friend. She has taken acting as her career and given her 100%. Somehow Rani has acting in her genes.
- [Speaking about Rani on Big Boss Season 4] She is one of the best actresses we have in the country... And an amazing dancer... Look at that smile! Love you, Rani.
- I have worked with Rani in three films. She wasn’t taken seriously, initially. But now her talent is there for all to see. She is the only actress who has incredible comic timing. Even though she sported ugly glasses and had an awkward gait in Black, her performance was simply amazing. She doesn’t stoop to manipulation or backbiting. Now I can confidently say, she is here to stay.
- On Sonakshi Sinha
- Probably coming from a filmi background and having seen her parents living the Bollywood lifestyle, she knows how to remain grounded.
- She’s killing it. She’s killing it in Dabangg 2. We are now shooting a song, she’s gonna look really really beautiful in that song. Mrs. Rajjo Pandey can do anything.
Actors Talk About SalmanEdit
- Aamir Khan
- I am a fan of Salman Khan. I love watching his moves. I must tell you a secret. I do not know how to whistle. But whenever Salman organises a trial for me; which he always does; I carry a plastic whistle with me and I bring the house down with my ceetis. I don't know about Shah Rukh. I can't compare us.
- According to me Salman is ahead of me.In the manner in which his film Bodyguard has got an opening, it has broken all records and today according to me, if there is anyone who is the number one box office star, then that is Salman.
- I would love to work with Salman. We have a great tuning so if we work together, it will be great fun. But till the time we don't get a good script, a script that excites both of us, we can't work together.
- Shah Rukh Khan
- We’re two different people, very happy in our spaces & very good in our spaces. And I think it should remain like that. But it’s not animosity, it’s not anger, and it’s not disturbing. People ask if we avoid each other at public places; frankly, we don’t. If we do meet, what are we going to do? I’m happy for his films and I’m happy if he’s at peace; because when I came to Mumbai, his family and he were wonderful to me and my family, and they still continue to be. They are amazingly nice and gentle people. Only two people amongst them have an issue & I think we’re too old and set to try and resolve it in any other way. Salman and I are settled ‘in’ our differences; we have not yet settled our differences.
- If Salman is angry with me, it is 100% my fault. And I'd like to say I'm sorry.
- Hrithik Roshan
- Salman is a friend. He helped me out before I came into films and I'll always respect him for that. Actually it's all thanks to them that I am where I am! He's like a brother. He taught me fitness and Rahul Kumar taught me dancing.
- Akshay Kumar
- I've enjoyed doing David Dhawan's 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' where my co-star is Salman Khan. I had heard so many things about him. But he turned out to be a cool guy. We really hit it off and had ourselves a ball on the sets.
- It has been a wonderful experience working with him. I remember Salman's words, " Akshay this is my last film with you. You arrive early on the sets and just to keep up with you, I too have to get up early and be on the sets." But I am sure Salman and i going to work in other film soon.
- Ajay Devgan
- I have spent a month and a half with him while shooting for London Dreams. We got along very well during Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam also. The best thing is, whenever we have met after that we have always picked up from where we left off. We did that again. We get along well as we are both very straightforward and are honest people who don't care what others are doing. Salman and I are happy doing our own thing. We don't plan or plot to harm others; that's why we get along.
- Salman has the best body in the industry. We are very good friends and when he tweeted about my six packs for my film, I take it as a compliment.
Actresses Talk About SalmanEdit
- Rani Mukerji
- Salman Khan is probably one of the most good looking people we have in our industry.
- Salman is absolutely adorable. I really love him as he is always himself. I only laugh when I am with him, he is so entertaining. He is a rockstar. When he comes on screen, not only the common man but we actors also clap and whistle for him and say, ‘Star aa gaya’. He is so good looking. When he passes by, you actually stop to turn and look at him. When I saw the promos of Dabangg, I called him and both of us went completely mad. He is a cult figure. Just as the South has Rajinikanth, we have Salman!
- Salman was so sweet. He helps you whenever you're in trouble, whether thats personally or professionally. He'll help you with your scenes in the film, with your dialogs and also give friendly advice. I have worked with him in a few films and it's always been great. I'm looking forward to working with him again!
- I absolutely enjoy working with Salman because I completely agree with the fact that he is the original rockstar. Nobody else is a rockstar quite like him and there is simply nobody else like him. He’s one of the most amazing actors we’ve got because the way he switches on and switches off with the camera is incredible. He becomes someone else when the camera is on and is somebody else when it’s off. He could be joking, playing around and saying something out of this planet before a shot and suddenly, with the lights, he’s all there; and that’s very difficult for an actor. Salman is a great actor because he can just transform into anybody. Full marks to him. My rapport with him, from the first day has been super. Maybe because we’re both alike - truthful, honest - so he and we connect.
- Salman is a very close friend of mine and I can always count on him.
- Katrina Kaif
- I have been able to achieve this position in Bollywood because of Salman Khan. When I came to Mumbai, I knew no one. It was Salman who held my hand at that time. The media unnecessarily hypes our relationship. The truth is that Salman is nothing less than Godfather for me. Now, when Salman’s films are a hit, why can’t I express my happiness, be happy for Salman? I enjoyed the opportunity to do an item number in ‘Bodyguard’ with Salman Khan.
- Bipasha Basu
- He's really just a misunderstood guy. He loves to give this image of being a big bully but he's actually more decent than a lot of actors who pretend they are chivalrous and then turn out to be real cads. People love to hear negative things about Salman. But I think he's just an overgrown baby who loves doing a little masti!
- Ameesha Patel
- Salman is getting a way too much negativity than he deserves. People are using him as a pawn in their selfish gains, to cover up certain mistakes they've made. Salman has kept his dignity. Never in the press has he betrayed the trust of any of the women he's been with. They have thrashed him, left, right, and center. A coin always has two sides, and we are in no position to judge a person's relationship. But you've been in a relationship for three years, so you've obviously seen something nice about it. Salman could've said negative things about Ash or Vivek, but he didn't. And I respect him for that, because I'd go loony in a situation like that, if I were to be used as a pawn.
- Diya Mirza
- Salman Khan has got a very good physique. He looks just like a Greek god. But, he hasn't let his goodlooks go to his head. I consider him to be one of the most efficient, intelligent people I have met so far. I was a rank newcomer when I signed Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge and the stories I had heard about Salman's wild antics were making me nervous. I had mentally prepared myself for torment. But what followed was an exact anti-thesis. From day one itself, Salman was courtesy personified. This line is totally male dominated and it helps a heroine a great deal if her hero treats her with respect. That sets a benchmark for everybody else on the sets. From the spotboy onwards to the producer and the director, nobody dares to mistreat her. Working in the film with Salman has been one of the happiest experiences of my life, one that I will always cherish.
- Shilpa Shetty
- I have seen the guy do so much for the underprivileged and for cancer patients in Bombay. He is very charitable but he never talks about it.
- Salman is a very dear friend.
- Priyanka Chopra
- He was most helpful since I was very new when we started work on the film. Initially, I was a little distant but being a romantic film topped with large doses of comedy, it was important for us to build a rapport. Salman went out of his way to break the ice & we became very cordial. In person he is very different from the image that is portrayed of him and what I learnt about him in this short span, is that he is highly misunderstood. 
- Preity Zinta
- Salman is very cute. Thanks to his spontaneity and cuteness, he can make the silliest thing look normal and believable. If he looks at you, he looks like butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth. But he has this naughtiness and that’s what lights up his face.
Directors Talk About SalmanEdit
- I'm a huge Salman fan. I`m not just waiting; I`m dying to work with him. And he has huge fan following at my office. My writers and directors are a smitten bunch. They tell me, take your time signing him for a film, but please just call him to the office so we can interact, click pics and chat with him.
- [Recalling a serious accident he went through] I feel I couldn't go through with the traumatic time if it wasn't for Salman Khan . He not only stood by me, but made sure that I resumed shooting within six days of the fire. He dropped in twice on the sets after I returned to shoot just to see if all was okay. Salman is and always will be my dearest friend and my brother.
- Nothing on earth can ruin my relationship with Salim uncle's family. Not many people know that my mother and Salman's father have acted in a film together. I've known the family for donkey's years. Salman and I have grown up together. If he sulks with me or acts tough, I can kick his ass. There can't be any problem between us.