Rwanda, officially the Republic of Rwanda, is a landlocked country in the Great Rift Valley, where the African Great Lakes region and East Africa converge. Located a few degrees south of the Equator, Rwanda is bordered by Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The climate is temperate to subtropical, with two rainy seasons and two dry seasons each year. Rwanda has a population of over 12.9 million people of which a million live in the capital and largest city Kigali.
|This geography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I know there is a God because in Rwanda I shook hands with the devil.
- Romeo Dallaire, as quoted in "Dallaire and Ngeze" (1 March 2016), by Mark Zuehlke, Legion: Canada's Military History Magazine
- There's a Rwandan proverb: "A message is given to many, but those who are meant to understand, understand." There's always a subtext in Rwanda. You don't have to resort to brutal language. People understand.
- Alison Des Forges, as quoted in "Killer Songs" (17 March 2002), by Donald G. McNeil, Jr., The New York Times
- I am sometimes asked to name the thing that most scares me about Rwanda. My answer is this: It frightens me to death when my countrymen are not talking. If a Rwandan is brooding you never know what he is thinking.
- Paul Rusesabagina, An Ordinary Man (2006), Chapter 11
"For the responsibility incumbent on him in this genocide in Rwanda and which he cannot discard either on others or on the whole of the national community, he (M. Mitterrand) is part of the sinister club of hell surnames of the 20th century, of those genocidaires who are synonymous with absolute abomination."
- Jean-Pierre Thiollet, Hallier Edernellement vôtre, Neva Editions (2019), p. 71. ISBN 978-2-35055-273-6.
- Not surprisingly, relations between Burundi and Rwanda have soured in the meantime, while Rwanda openly presents itself as "the protector of the Burundian people against their murderous president" and regularly suggests that it might intervene with its neighbours.
- Which countries have the most women in parliament?: Country (%) 1 Rwanda 63.8
- The Republic of Rwanda (official government site)
- Rwanda. The World Factbook. Central Intelligence Agency.
- Rwanda Convention Bureau.
- Rwanda Tourism (official Rwanda Tourism Board site)
- Rwanda travel guide from Wikivoyage