American musician and performer
- Playing music is something I would like to do my whole life.
NPR interview (2005)Edit
- I came from a background of blues and rock based(music). I hadn’t listened to Jazz or even Classical Music until just recently. Listening to Stan Getz, you know, he is one of my favorite Saxophonists, so he’s influenced my sound and influences how I play this music. Right now.
- In 7th grade, I saw the Allman Brothers play at the Beacon Theatre. I also saw the Dave Mathews Band perform at Giant’s Stadium. Those concerts changed my life. I was inspired so much. In my heart, I knew that was the only thing I wanted to do with my life.
- It’s easy, it’s powerful.
- I think Bitcoin allows artists to be compensated for work in a more fair way.
- Believe in yourself.
All songs written by Ross Mintzer
- Dream big, when you’re up against it all, when you’re standing on a narrow bridge and you’re about to fall.
Dream big, when you're blocked by a wall, keep on saying in your head, nothing is impossible.
Dream big, and when your moment arrives, look up to the stars and thank God you're alive.
Dream big, the power is inside of you. You'll be love for whoever you are and for whatever you do.
- You can't gain one thing without loosing something else.
You can try to catch time, but try to catch a moment, it's better.
Days pass, and months go by
And the years come, and a decades gone
It always feels like times are ending
But they go on, and on, and on, and on.
Quotes about MintzerEdit
- The sound of Mintzer’s guitar in the track “On the Road”, is haunting. However in context, the sound develops sentimental and inspiring feelings. The vocal melodies and harmonies are similar to Mintzer’s playing in their original shape/color and light floating tone. Thoughtful and poetic lyrics accent the effect, serving as a conduit for the entirety of the aforementioned musicianship.
- Jared Brickman on Mintzer's playing from the Remington song "On The Road". (13 April 2008)