Room Service (1938 film)
1938 Marx Brothers film by William A. Seiter
Better... Battier... Funnier Than Ever! (taglines)
- Hello? Room Service. Bring up enough ice to cool a warm body.
- I still think it's a terrible play, but it makes a wonderful rehearsal.
- [taking off layers of clothing] Now I know how Gypsy Rose Lee feels.
- Leo Davis: You've been in jail?
- Harry Binelli: Sure, it's'a not so bad. You behave and they make you a trustee.
- Leo Davis: Well, if you fellows don't mind, I'm going to wash up.
- Harry Binelli: Yeah, go ahead. The rest of us are already washed up.
- [Faker is looting Davis's luggage]
- Gordon Miller: Faker, I'm surprised at you!
- Harry Binelli: Yeah, you oughta be ashamed of yourself, robbing a stranger.
- [Faker kisses a picture of Davis' mother, then puts it back]
- Harry Binelli: You know, I think he's reforming; he didn't steal-a the picture.
- Hilda Manny: If I don't come back you'll know it's good news.
- Gordon Miller: And if you do come back bring four bottles of poison.
- Harry Binelli: Hurry up, before they come back. And, groan, groan, stagger about and don't die too soon! You must take your time. And you mustn't die before 11 o'clock.
- Leo Davis: Don't you worry! I'll give you the best performance you ever saw in a hotel bedroom!
- Gordon Miller: That's the spirit! Good luck, Davis. Drop dead!
- Leo Davis: Oh, but you see, I've left home for good. I've burned my bridges behind me.
- Gordon Miller: I see. But you could go back if you wanted to.
- Leo Davis: My mother seemed very happy when I left.
- Gordon Miller: Only a mother's mask. At this moment, she may be sitting at the fireside, wringing her hands.
- Leo Davis: Oh, we have no fireside.
- Gordon Miller: You have no fireside? How do you listen to the President's speeches?
- Gordon Miller: Wait a minute, suppose one of us got sick?
- Harry Binelli: That's the idea! They can't pull a sick man out, it's against the law.
- Gordon Miller: Remember, I had kidney trouble at the Astor and gallstones at the Plaza.
- Harry Binelli: Oh, those were the happy days!
- Gordon Miller: [Disapprovingly] Love! He talks just like one of the characters in his play.
- Harry Binelli: I don't know. I like-a love.
- Gordon Miller: I like it too; but, there's a time and place for everything.
- Harry Binelli: I like it anytime.
- Better... Battier... Funnier Than Ever!